4 Ways To Finish Off the Spring Semester Strong

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Does anyone else feel like the spring semester is moving quicker than ever? 

For many universities, including VCU, the last day to withdraw and/or choose a pass/fail option from classes is April 8. About a month later the Spring 2022 semester ends, specifically on March 3 with finals week happening the week of March 8. These are ways to combat feeling the pressures of final projects, quizzes, labs and essays.

Reach out to classmates

I remember the first time I reached out to my classmates in college. It wasn’t until my junior year that I decided to. I tend to forget that I can ask for help sometimes, many of you may relate. If so, remember that it’s totally okay and sometimes completely necessary. 

Take care of yourself

While working with others is productive, so is putting time into yourself. One of the easiest things to forget about when we’re overloading ourselves is that we can take a break. Taking a self-care day looks like a lot of things, including attending a yoga class, going for a walk with friends or just laying in bed all day watching movies. Self-care is anything that you do for yourself that feels nourishing, according to Marni Amsellem, Ph.D., a licensed psychologist. 

Plan ahead

My favorite part of my monthly self-care day is buying a cute planner and planning my upcoming weeks. Being organized is one of the easiest ways to decrease stress and increase productivity, according to Select Health.

Don’t be afraid to quit

If you have to choose a pass/fail option for one of your classes, or even choose to withdraw from one, it is okay. You will be okay. There’s no shame in choosing a way out of a stressful situation — even if it is an academic course. We tend to hold so much weight on academic achievement and our GPA.

What really matters is your health, always. As the spring semester comes to an end, remember to prioritize what will both help you enjoy the stressful all-nighters and carefree moments.

Chloe Hawkins currently attends VCU pursuing a major in Mass Communications with a focus in digital journalism and a minor in history. She has many interests including politics, the environment, and education. Her main goal while writing for HERCampus is to connect with more people in the Richmond area.