4 Things to Get You Through Your Game of Thrones Withdrawal

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

*SPOILER ALERT*

If you don’t watch or have at least heard of the show “Game of Thrones”, it’s probably safe to assume that you live under a rock. The rest of us have been on the edge of our seats ever since Ned uprooted the Starks to go to King’s Landing in season 1. GoT fans have long learned since then that no one is safe. One of our favorites may get snatched away at any time or place. Maybe their throats will be slit at a seemingly merry wedding or perhaps their “brothers” will stab them to death. That’s just how it is. Maybe that says more about us fans, but hey, we can’t stop watching.

Now we patiently wait to know what happens after the fall of The Wall and the Army of the Dead’s invasion. Fans all over are quite disappointed that we have to wait for another two years. Until then, here are four things to get you through the wait.

1. Memes

The memes floating online for Game of Thrones are golden. No one is safe on GoT and therefore anyone is fair game on the strange place that is the internet. From the death of Lady Olenna to Drogon getting shot, there’s a meme for just about every character and every mood. What’s even better is sending them to your fellow GoT fans. In light of one of the biggest plot twists being revealed in GoT, here is my new favorite meme:

2. Trivia/quizzes

With season eight on the way, some details are sure to become fuzzy. First, it’s the small delay in remembering a character’s name, then before you know it you have to turn to Google. There are some quizzes and trivia to keep you occupied and to keep the story straight. Here a couple links to get you started:

https://www.zoo.com/quiz/the-ultimate-game-thrones-quiz

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/features/game-thrones-quiz/

https://www.sporcle.com/games/tags/gameofthrones

3. Following fan fiction/theories

For those who don’t know, the show “Game of Thrones” is based on George R. R. Martin’s “A Game of Thrones”. Some fans have read the series and theorize what will happen next in the show. Naturally, the show is not always true to the series, but fan theories are sometimes pretty darn close. There will be no judgment passed if you spend hours down a YouTube hole.

4. Good ole’ binge watching

Finally, if none of these cure your withdrawals grab a friend (or a friend’s password) and binge watch the show. No matter how many times you’ve seen it there will always be something you didn’t notice before and the excitement will still be there. 

Photo Credits: cover photo, 1

Terrina is a VCU student who enjoys complaining about how country Richmond is. She is a major foodie and  serious Netflix binger. She's also really black and really proud. 
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!