This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Like everyone else, I have been a little obsessed with TikTok, and by obsessed, I mean that the amount of screen time I waste on that app is embarrassing. To make myself somewhat productive while scrolling through TikTok, I decided to try some recipes that I found on my “for you page.” Now, of course, they had to be easy, because I am known to burn everything I make, so to make my life and your life easier, I picked recipes that barely involve cooking. 

Whipped Coffee

I had to include the trend that is making the world crazy. For all the coffee drinkers out there, whipped coffee is the next best thing. As an avid coffee drinker myself, I knew I had to try this seemingly easy recipe. Start with instant coffee; now, you have to use instant coffee. My first mistake was thinking the ground coffee in my K-cups would suffice. Then after you have a teaspoon of ground coffee in your bowl, add equal parts sugar and hot water. After you have all your ingredients, stir. The easiest and fastest way to achieve this recipe is to use an electronic hand mixer or whisk. If you don’t use those tools, it will probably take you 30 minutes to mix by hand. Trust me, my hand still hurts. As you’re mixing the concoction should get lighter in color and thicker in texture. When you’re done, it should look like whipped caramel and have stiff peaks. Then get yourself another glass, fill it with ice and milk. Almond, oat or whole milk—it doesn’t matter. Then, pour the light brown mixture on top and stir for the last time. When everything is mixed, you can finally enjoy your creation. For a visual recipe on TikTok, search #whippedcoffee.

Fluffy Pancakes

Japanese Souffle Pancakes took the world by storm in 2017, 2018 and 2019. Now they’re taking my heart. Recently, I was reacquainted with fluffy pancakes when my favorite cooking Tiktoker made them on his account. @newt120 made the recipe look easy, so I knew it was something I could try. The first thing you have to do is to get three eggs after you have cracked the eggs into a bowl. Separate the egg yolk from the egg whites. Save the egg whites for later, and keep only two of the egg yolks. Then, once you have separated the yolks from the egg, whites add milk, vegetable oil and vanilla extract. Mix the liquids. Then, grab flour and sift it into another bowl, once you’re finished sifting the flour add it to the liquid mixture. Mix the flour and the liquids until it is smooth. Go back to the egg whites and add a cap full of vinegar. Using a hand mixer beat the egg whites and vinegar until it is frothy. Add sugar and mix until it has stiff peaks. Then you add the two mixtures together by folding one into the other. Pour the liquid into a piping bag, or you can use a Ziploc bag instead. Cut the tip-off of the bag and pipe the mixture into a buttered pan. It should look like thick circles. Cover the pan and cook it for three minutes. After it is done cooking, flip the pancakes over and cook for another three minutes on the opposite side. When it is done cooking add strawberries and powdered sugar, or you can add whatever you want. 

Egg and Avocado

This may be a more difficult recipe; however, it is delicious. First, you begin toasting your bread; you can use an English muffin, bagel or whatever your heart desires. Then butter your pan and put it on low heat, beforehand slice up some avocados. After the pan is warm, place a slice of your avocado on the pan. Crack an egg into the circular opening on the avocado where the pit would usually go. Add some cheese on top, and when the egg is cooked on the bottom, flip it onto the other side. Then once everything is cooked at salt and pepper, your toast or bagel should be done by now, so place your fried egg or avocado on your toast. Enjoy! This recipe was made by @Jaeda_88 and can be found on TikTok.

Aesthetic Smoothies

When I first found @wholesomehedonista on TikTok, I was mesmerized by her beautifully made smoothies. They were the ultimate smoothie thick and colorful; that’s how I knew her smoothies had to make this list. I tried her recipe for making a smoothie in a cheap blender because I don’t own a high powered blender. However, for those of you who do own a nice blender, check out her TikTok or Instagram for more recipes. First, you need frozen bananas, peanut butter or almond paste and vanilla bean paste. Throw all of those ingredients into a smoothie and mix. I had to add some milk so my blender would mix the ingredients better. When everything is mixed, enjoy it!

I hope you have as much fun making these dishes as I did!

Sarah is a junior at Virginia Commonwealth University and is majoring in Mass Communications and minoring in Fashion Merchandising. Sarah enjoys reading, writing, and discussing sustainable fashion brands. Sarah spends most of her time, and money, on Depop fueling her shopping addiction. Follow her on instagram @Sarah_parker9 and Twitter @_parker_9
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!