The Lalapink Beauty Products
The Lalapink Beauty Products
Her Campus Media
Style > Beauty

3 Worthwhile Dollar Tree Beauty Products

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Have you ever browsed the beauty aisle of the Dollar Tree, wanting to purchase a product but scared of how your skin would react or if the products were of good quality? I have countless times! So, I thought this week would be a great time to buy a few products that I had my eye on and see how they compare to the higher-end products that I love!

Oatmeal + Lemon Verbena Bar Soap

I love a good bar of soap, but I usually shop at Lush or opt for local soap companies. But, those companies usually charge anywhere from $5 to $15 or more depending on the formula. Sometimes that type of dough isn’t in my budget, so I wanted to test a bar soap that would only cost me a dollar. I found that this particular bar soap had a very crisp and clean scent that wasn’t overpowering at all. It also didn’t smell “cheap” the way many inexpensive soaps smell. The actual soap provided a nice lather, which is essential to a good bar soap and it was not sticky or greasy. I liked the way it made my skin feel. Plus, it’s vegan and sulfate/ paraben free! I gave this bar soap a 5/5. 

Beauty Care Gold Spa Treatment Mask

I typically purchase face masks at Walmart, and they are normally $2-$3 apiece or more. I wanted to try out the Dollar Tree brand masks to see how they compare. This mask was pretty odorless and smelt like a typical unscented skin cream. It was a sheet mask, and the eye/nose holes were large and shaped well. I have combination skin (oily and dry), and it did not dry my face out or make it super greasy. Afterward, my skin felt smoother and looked shinier without being sticky. It also did not break my skin out. The only thing I did not love was that the material of the sheet mask was a little itchy. Overall, I gave this sheet mask a 4/5. 

Jasmine + Orange Blossom Refresh Eye Cream

I had never used an eye cream until I decided to test out this product. I have pretty dark circles under my eyes, and I wanted something that would help even out the coloring. The scent of this eye cream is wonderful. It is very floral and clean smelling, but not too overpowering. The cream itself was not greasy upon application, but after letting it sit, it did become a little greasier. It did not burn or make my skin break out at all, though. I saw a small positive, but I feel like I need to use it for a few weeks in order to see how much it helps. Overall I gave this eye cream a 4/5. 

I was truly shocked at how much I liked these products! I was expecting at least one breakout from them, but all three products worked well for my sensitive skin. Also, none of them are tested on animals! Overall, I would definitely shop at the Dollar Tree beauty section again! 

Kristen is a senior with a major in Elementary School Education. She loves to read, camp, and hang out with her two dogs and awesome husband.
Mary McLean (née Moody) is an avid writer and is the former Editor in Chief of Her Campus at VCU. She wrote diligently for Her Campus at VCU for two years and was the Editor in Chief for three years. You can find her work here! She double majored in Political Science and History at Virginia Commonwealth University and graduated in 2022. She loves her son, Peter, and her cat Sully. You can find her looking at memes all night and chugging Monster in the morning with her husband!