freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

3 Quirky Ways to Spread the Love This Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Dog Kissing Booth at the Richmond SPCA

Wednesday, February 13th

Noon – 7:00 p.m. 

If your dog is your Valentine this year, the Richmond SPCA’s Kissing Booth event is the paw-fect way for you two to celebrate! Drop by this Wednesday with your fur baby and make a donation in exchange for a keepsake photograph taken by Group Booths. Don’t have a dog but still want to get in on the smoochy pooch action? They’ve got you covered – some of the most handsome dogs available for adoption will be working the event as stand-ins. Added bonus: Espresso A Go Go will be there from 3:00 p.m to  7:00 p.m. selling coffee, hot chocolate and sweet treats. Feel the puppy love and support a good cause!

Cost: Suggested donation of $10

Richmond SPCA

2519 Hermitage Rd.

Richmond, VA 23220

(804) 521-1300

Tang’s to the 80’s Prom at Tang & Biscuit

Friday February 15th

7:00 p.m. – Midnight

Who would’ve thought that the city of Richmond is home to the world’s largest indoor shuffle board social club? Not me, but I’m glad it is. Tang & Biscuit is the best place to duel it out with your date on the court. They’re throwing it back to the era of perms and shoulder pads with an 80’s-inspired prom party this Friday. The best dressed at the dance will get cool prizes. There will be games, a photo booth, food and drink specials and delicious cupcakes catered by River City Sweets. Get your 80’s groove on and maybe even fall in love with shuffle boarding this Valentine’s weekend!

Cost: $9.06 for one ticket or $22.24 for two tickets

Tang & Biscuit

3406 W. Moore St.

Richmond, VA 23220

(804) 362-8264

Girl Scout Cookies and Cider at Buskey Cider

Sunday, February 17th

Noon – 9:00 p.m.

I challenge you to think of a more satisfying Valentine’s Day combo than a flight of five Buskey’s ciders, each artfully paired with a famous flavor of Girl Scout Cookies. Check out the menu:

• Thin Mints – Coffee Cider
  • Peanut Butter Patties – RVA Cider
  • Caramel Delights – Salted Caramel Cider
  • Lemonades – Earl Grey Lemon Ginger Cider
  • Shortbreads – Tart Cherry Cider

Girl Scout Troop 4905 is supplying the cookies! Come on by and support the youth while getting the perfect Valentine’s weekend content for your foodstagram!

Cost: Buskey Flight of five ciders with five Girl Scout Cookies: $16 

Boxes of cookies will be for sale as well (cash only)

Buskey Cider

2910 W. Leigh St.

Richmond, VA 23230

(804) 355 – 0100

Image Credit: 1, 2, 3

Noelle is a senior at VCU pursuing a B.I.S. with a minor in Media Studies. She knows this will be of great use to her when her lifelong dream of becoming a stand-up comedian is actualized. When she's not working at the animal shelter, or busy avoiding her schoolwork by doing yoga, you can find her attempting to sleep while her cats do everything in their power to prevent it.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!