25 Major Keys from Her Conference 2016

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Her Campus 2016 was an experience to remember with several takeaways. The keynote speakers, Rebecca Minkoff, Andi Dorfman, Joyce Chang, Vanessa De Luca and Nastia Liukin gave collegiettes who attended some pretty amazing advice that any woman could use to help achieve happiness and reach their full potential in life.

1. “It’s okay to take the road not taken; it’s alright to test the rules and fail. Remember no is just the beginning of yes.” – Rebecca Minkoff

2. “Keep a calendar: A calendar helps assure you that you know what you have to do and when you have to do it.”  – Andi Dorfman

3. “Try kindness: write to affect empathy and change.” – Joyce Chang

4. “Know what you do and don’t stand for.”  – Vanessa De Luca

5. “Never quit on a bad day.” – Nastia Liukin

6. “Take risks that take you somewhere new.”  – Vanessa De Luca

7. “Look back, but only to see how far you’ve come.” –Vanessa De Luca

8. “Find YOUR people: The circle of friends you decide to keep are very important and make sure their for you and not against you.”  – Joyce Chang

9. “Use social media to your advantage; leave your mark.” – Rebecca Minkoff

10. “Always have a positive mindset in your head.” – Nastia Liukin

11. “Quiet time is important!” –Joyce Chang

12. “Make a bucket list! Have fun and do it with people you love.”  – Andi Dorfman

13. “Finish what you started.” – Nastia Liukin

14. “Remain humble- but let ‘em know; It’s okay to flaunt your success, but don’t overdo it.” – Vanessa De Luca

15. “Treat Yourself: everyone needs a motivating reward to keep them going.”  –Andi Dorfm

16. “Never violate trust; some things your friends, family, bosses, teachers, coworkers or classmates tell you aren’t things they want broadcasted to the world so take everything to your grave unless stated otherwise.” –Joyce Chang

17. “Stop comparing yourself to others.” – Andi Dorfman

18. “Never stop learning because it gives you courage.” –Vanessa De Luca

19. “Look at reminders of failures: they’ll help you persevere the most when you want to succeed.” –Andi Dorfman

20.  “Be the Andy to Miranda (The Devil Wears Prada); learn to read their minds and be the teacher’s pet to your boss.” – Joyce Chang

21. “Don’t rest on your Laurels; be willing to mix up your routine in order to remain the amazing you that you are. Remember, being comfy makes you fat.” –Vanessa De Luca

22. “Stop saying sorry for things you shouldn’t be sorry for.” –Nastia Liukin

23. “Look at positive reminders of success; they’ll make you feel unstoppable and think hell yea I can do that!” – Andi Dorfman

24. “Life isn’t always about winning; find a way to pick yourself up during the hard and important times in life.” -Nastia Liukin

25. “A winner never quits & a quitter never wins.” –Vanessa De Luca

Thank you to all of our keynote speakers for taking the time to impact all of us at Her Campus in a major way. 

Taylor Mickel is currently a Campus Correspondent and President of the PR & Events team at Virginia Commonwealth University. Taylor is a senior studying mass communications with a concentration in public relations and a minor in business. She is family oriented and you can always catch her on the beach with a great book.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!