20 Songs You Won’t Believe Are 10 Years Old

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

It’s hard to believe that we’re all getting old. It is even harder to believe that some songs you remember coming out just yesterday, are actually 10 years old now. You heard these songs on the radio, at school dances and at the mall. Someday, you may even get your kids to listen to a few couple of these 2007 classics. Here are 20 songs that are 10 years old: 

1. Buy U a Drank (Shawty Snappin’) by T-Pain feat. Yung Joc: ​You didn’t even care you were just a kid. You sang “we in the bed like… ooh ooh ooh,” like you knew what that meant. 

2. Rehab by Amy Winehouse: This song was very catchy, everyone on American Idol auditions would try to sing it. Why did our parents even let us listen to this?

3. Stronger by Kanye West: This is a classic song. It mixed hip-hop with an electronic sound. It’s still good to workout to today.

4. The Sweet Escape by Gwen Stefani feat. Akon: Gwen Stefani and Akon had all the hits back then. You know this song was stuck in your head from time to time. 

5. You by Lloyd feat. Lil Wayne: This song was always on the radio. It was catchy, especially the “STOP, wait a minute,” at the beginning of the song. 

6. Umbrella by Rihanna: If you don’t remember this Rihanna classic, where even were you? This is when the ‘good girl went bad.’

7. Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne: Despite those Avril conspiracies on the internet that say it wasn’t really her who sang this song, it was still great. Everyone had this song stuck in their heads. 

8. Crank That (Soulja Boy) by Soulja Boy Tell ‘Em: Before jerking and milly rocking, cranking that soulja boy was the move at school dances. You know you Youtube’d a video tutorial of how to crank that. 

9. Glamorous by Fergie: This song will forever be an anthem. We pretended we were glamorous and learned how to spell the word. 

10. Irreplaceable by Beyonce: This song has the famous lyrics, “to the left, to the left.” One of Beyonce’s classics, you know you had this song stuck in your head. 

11. Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston: What happened to Sean Kingston? Who knows, but at one point he had all the jams. This was one of them. 

12. Fergalicious by Fergie: Fergie was releasing hits on her album ‘The Dutchess.’ This has to be one of the best. 

13. Shawty by Plies feat. T-pain: ‘Even though I’m not your man, you not my girl, I’ma call you my SHAWWWWWTYYYYYY.” Yeah, this song was stuck in our heads, too. T-pain was being featured like crazy back in the day. 

14. Teardrops On My Guitar by Taylor Swift: Swift had a lot of catchy music back in the day. This is one of her classics. 

15. No One by Alicia keys: You pretty much couldn’t turn on the radio without hearing this song. It was a good one and we still love Alicia Keys.

16. Thnks Fr th Mmrs by Fall Out Boy: Fall Out Boy had a couple of hits back then, even people who didn’t like rock had some of their songs stuck in their heads.

17. Kiss Kiss by Chris Brown feat. T-Pain: You honestly couldn’t go wrong featuring T-pain in a song. That’s exactly what Brown did, creating a banger.

18. Before He Cheats by Carrie Underwood: This was one of Underwood’s greatest songs of all time. The music video was epic, watching her destroy her cheating ex’s car. 

19. What I’ve Done by Linkin Park: Linkin Park had a lot of classic songs. They had people who didn’t like alternative rock humming their songs. 

20. Misery Business by Paramore: A Paramore song was always playing on MTV, it was no wonder the songs got stuck in our heads.  

Knowing that these amazing songs at 10 years old, probably hits you right in the feels. The year 2007 was a simpler time and now we have actual responsibilities. Go back and listen to the jams to reminisce!

Photo Credits: Cover1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

Jasmine Medrano-Guevara is a senior studying print and online journalism at Virginia Commonwealth University. She enjoys laughing at corny jokes, trying new recipes on Pinterest, makeup and writing reviews on Yelp. Jasmine hopes to work for a women's magazine after college. You can follow her on Instagram @jasminemedrano_ !
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!