16 Drake GIFs that Accurately Sum up the College Experience

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Known for putting people in their feelings everywhere, hip-hop icon Drake turns 29 today, less than week after the release of his latest video for the hit song “Hotline Bling.” What a better way to celebrate than marvelling at his Drake-ness though these 16 Drake GIFs accurately sum up the college experience? Think you can relate? 

At first college seems like it will be a breeze – managing a 4.0, having an active social life, a stable bank account and a solid graduation plan – how hard can it be right? You tell yourself “I got this.”

At the beginning of the semester, your classes aren’t too tough, and the weather is perfect enough to make every weekend looking like this:

But of course, when your first test comes around and you realize you don’t even know what you don’t know, you’re left feeling like this:

The professor proceeds to let you know that the final exam is indeed cumulative, and now you’re like…

You’re so exhausted from the week that when everyone asks you to go out, this is all you want to do…

But you go out anyway and many drinks later your friends are like…

And you wake up at noon the next day wondering if you want to go out agan tonight like…

Oh, and your rent is due on the first of the month, which means you’ll be begging your parents for money like…

When you binge watch Nextflix and it asks you if you’re “still watching” as if you’ve moved from your bed in the last 6 hours…

Half way through the semester you have the urge to drop out and feel like nobody understands…

And just when you start feeling like you have your life together, someone asks you the question “what are you going to do after you graduate….?”

When you finally get your paycheck and want to go out to dinner, but your friends are still broke, you’re sitting there like….

When you get your midterm grade back, and your professor gives you this look like….

When your parents ask you how your grades are so far this semester, you’re just looking at them like…

When you get to go home for winter break after another tough semester of being a college student.

And then when you realize that you’re completely and hopelessly bored at home, and that you really miss college.

Hannah is a Public Relations graduate from Virginia Commonwealth University with an affinity for blogging, food, culture and learning about the world. She has a serious case of wanderlust and hopes to one day work for a lifestyle and PR firm, as well as publish books and documentaries focusing on leisure and travel. To read more of her work, check out her own personal blog at www.thinkingbrave.com or her personal portfolio at clippings.me/hannahkhan
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!