15 Thoughts We All Had When Leo Won His Oscar

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Unless you were away from a TV/living under a rock on Sunday, you’ve heard that after 28 long years, Leonardo DiCaprio finally FINALLY won a “Best Actor” Academy Award for his role in The Revenant. With the conclusion of countless jokes about how he was never going to win one, here’s some thoughts that passed through all of our minds when Leo’s name was called:

1. OKAY EVERYBODY SHUT UP IT’S LEO’S TIME TO SHINE.

2. Does anyone care about any of these nominees besides Leo? (Except you, Eddie Redmayne. I will always love you.)

3. Okay, Julianne Moore, I love you, but could you open that envelope A TINY BIT FASTER so we can see Leo’s acceptance speech?

4. SHE SAID LEO SHE SAID LEO SHE SAID LEO!!!

5. LEO WON LEO WON LEO WON!!!

6. Damn he was on that stage like white on rice. Boy did not even hesitate.

7. Look how happy he is!!

8. His speech better be good. He’s had long enough to write it and think of all the people he wants to thank.

9. KATE WINSLET DO NOT PLAY WITH MY HEART LIKE THAT AND LOOK AT HIM LIKE THAT.

10. I wonder what would’ve happened if he hadn’t won. Riots, probably.

11. This is such a good speech. He’s so humble.

12. Way to use your time to bring our attention to an important issue! This is why everyone loves you.

13. That was the cutest ending to a speech I’ve ever heard in my life. 

14. Can he just win an Oscar for being alive?

15. Okay, now that he’s won what is the internet going to make thousands of memes about? 

Emily is a part-time coffee addict and a full-time English and Public Relations student at Virginia Commonwealth University. She enjoys all things punny, intersectional feminism, Chrissy Teigen's tweets and considers herself a bagel & schmear connoisseur. You can probably find her either listening to the Hamilton soundtrack or binge watching The Office for the thousandth time
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!