12 Signs You’re Addicted to Siri

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Siri was one of the coolest features about the iPhone, but some of us have become a little too dependent on her abilities. You might be addicted to Siri if you rely on it when… 

1.     You need directions.

We all get lost from time to time, but for those of us who constantly ask Siri for directions, even to places we’ve been before we have little to nothing to worry about it just might be an addiction.

2.     Making Phone Calls.

You don’t know what you would do if you actually had to go through your own contact list yourself to find the person you want to call.

3.     You Need to Know the Weather.

You need Siri for weather and traffic updates because watching the news just requires too much effort now a days, and you need all the time you can get to find the perfect outfit.

4.     You Want Compliments.

For all my single ladies and men don’t worry about needing a partner around that gives you compliments because Siri does it best. Siri is the only person who compliments you correctly and as much as you want.

5.     You Need to Text People Back.

Hands free texting seemed like a dream before Siri existed, but now that Siri has come to save your life you can obnoxiously request Siri to send specific text to specific people in public.

6.     Figuring Out a Song Title.

Who needs Shazam when Siri can hook you up, on the road, in the club, or even at a concert?

7.     You’re Hungry.

Starvation is not a thing when you have Siri. She hooks you up with some of the best food places in your area, so trying to find great places to eat isn’t a problem.

8.     You Want Random Questions Answered

Random questions? Siri has the answer. We all have those questions we need answers to, but typing it into Google just isn’t necessary anymore when you have Siri. 

9.     Setting Your Alarm.

If it wasn’t for Siri you wouldn’t be anywhere on time, even with Siri by your side it is still hard for you to wake up.

10.  You Need to Know How Long it Will Take to get Somewhere.

Okay, don’t call it lazy, you’re someone who likes to be prepared. For those girls and boys who dislike walking around aimlessly as much as I do, you make it a point to always ask Siri how long something will take walking, or how far away your destination is. When it seems too far away you beg Siri to find something closer and say “No” to her previous suggestion.

11.  Opening Apps.

Siri opens all of your apps because it just seems way faster than you manually opening them yourself.

12. You Need a Form of Entertainment.

Asking Siri to tell you jokes is a part of your daily routine. Her jokes aren’t the funniest, but you make do with her sense of humor, Plus laughing is the least you could do for someone who’s agreed to call you by some ridiculously absurd name you requested. 

Saiounia is a 20 year old Broadcast Journalism major studying at Virginia Commonwealth University. Her name is pronounced (Say-oh-knee-uhh). She is originally from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Saiounia is a food junkie and loves adventure. In her spare time she can be found at local food festivals and family owned coffee shops.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!