absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

12 of the Best Ways to Eat Pasta

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

It’s no secret that pasta is the best food to ever grace the planet (except maybe french fries?). There’s a million different ways to enjoy it, and the best thing is all of these dishes are relatively easy to make. So, in honor of National Pasta Day, here’s 12 of the best ways to enjoy eating pasta:

1. Baked Ziti

Like. Yes. Come through melty cheesy baked goodness, and get in my belly. Recipe here.

2. Spaghetti and Meatballs

Is it possible to live inside of a meatball? Because if it is, I would like to do so. Learn how to make your own here.

3. Lasagna

Can I just curl up under one of those blankets of baked meaty cheesy deliciousness and sleep for a while? Learn to make your own blanket of happiness here.

4. Buttery noodles

Ain’t no shame in being easy and cookin’ up some buttery, noodley goodness. Make your own here.

5. Mac and Cheese

Quite possibly the most beautiful form of pasta. When you get tired of Kraft, make your own at home here.

6. Pesto

The only acceptable time to eat green pasta, because c’mon who wouldn’t want that all up in their stomach? Make this yourself here.

7. Puttanesca

This is an assault to taste buds everywhere. Keep doin yo thing, Puttanesca. Learn how to make the easiest pasta sauce here.

8. Pasta Primavera

It’s like a bright little garden for your mouth! Feel healthy AF by making this here.

9. Seafood Pasta

Everything may be better down where it’s wetter, but the food on land is still better. Apologize to Ariel and make your own here.

10. Fettucine Alfredo

You can tell me how bad for me this is as many times as you want, but I still would eat this every single day if it was humanly possible. Learn to make your own here.

11. Stuffed Shells

The only kind of close-up I ever want to see, TBH. Make your own and feel like Emeril Lagasse here.

12. Carbonara

Who needs a SO when you have pasta? Pasta keeps you warm and loves you unconditionally. Make your own here.

The list goes on, but are you really thinking about other kinds of pasta right now? Go make a big bowl of spaghetti to satisfy those cravings I know you’re having right now, and hey, Happy National Pasta Day!

Photos: cover, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

Emily is a part-time coffee addict and a full-time English and Public Relations student at Virginia Commonwealth University. She enjoys all things punny, intersectional feminism, Chrissy Teigen's tweets and considers herself a bagel & schmear connoisseur. You can probably find her either listening to the Hamilton soundtrack or binge watching The Office for the thousandth time
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!