10 Guys You Meet at College Parties

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

College parties are truly an experience. Here’s 10 guys we know you’ve met before.

1. The “Grabber” Guy

For some reason, within college party culture, actually asking for a dance is out of the ordinary. We all know the guy who “tried it” at every party ever.

2. The “What you doing after this?” Guy

Seriously? The speaker is literally set at the maximum volume. Can we talk later? Or not at all? Thanks.

3. The “Show-off” Guy

Don’t let “Juju on that Beat” come on before you’ve migrated to a corner somewhere because this guy will “Hit Them Folks” right on top of your brand new heels and not have a care in the world.

4. The “Too Cool to Dance” Guy

Come on, we all know this is your song. You’re never too cool to hit a little jig.

5. The “Too Turnt” Guy

If this guy hears the beginning of “Ooouuu” by Young M.A or “Faneto” by Chief Keef, best believe he’s jumping up and down as he says every. single. word. Watch your feet.

6. The “What you drinking?” Guy

We all know the nosey guy at the party that seems to be overly concerned about what’s inside of your cup. NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. MOVE.

7. The “Cuffed” Guy

30 minutes into the party and he’s wondering why he came. It’s okay. Your loyalty matters to someone.

8. The “Drink This” Guy

Thanks, but no thanks. I don’t know you and I’m not interested in whatever is in that cup.

9. The “Who got the aux?” Guy

Did you hear one song you didn’t like? Would you like to be the DJ? Would you like us to turn the party over to you? No? Oh, okay.

10. The “Door” Guy

We all know the guy at the party that’s working the door, swearing up and down that he’s “Top Flight Security” all because his job is to ask who you know here.

Erica Dabney is a senior at Virginia Commonwealth University. Some of her favorite activities include discovering new music, tearing down the patriarchy and dining out at black-owned restaurants in Richmond. She plans to graduate with her bachelors in journalism in 2019.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!