10 Funny Shows To Watch This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

1. Key & Peele 

Jordan Peele and Keegan Michael-Key are back to their shenanigans with the craziest skits and most outrageous scenarios you could ever think of. If you like laughing at jokes that have no boundaries, enjoy cross-dressing men and making fun of social problems, take a 30 minute break and watch every Wednesday night at 10:30/9:30c on Comedy Central.

2. Black-ish 

A black, upper middle class family navigates the social and political interactions of life. With a tv family comprised of Anthony Anderson, Tracy Ellis-Ross and four children, you’ll be crying at the irony and truth of each episode. These jokes are totally relatable for any person of any racial background. Catch it on ABC at 9:30/8:30c on Wednesdays.

3. Jane The Virgin  

Jane is a young Latina woman with a hot boss and a hot boyfriend. She loves her family, friends and beau, but she also loves her virginity. Her whole world is turned upside down when she mysteriously becomes pregnant without having sex. Join breakout star Gina Rodriguez in this hilarious telenovella style show on Monday nights at 9/8c on The CW.

4. Bob’s Burgers 

Bob and his family are some of the funniest animated characters on television. As one of the newer animated series featured on Fox, Bob’s Burgers has awkward family jokes, awkward school jokes, awkward situations, and my favorite, the awkward and fabulous Tina. Catch this show at 8:30/7:30c on Tuesday nights and most weekend nights on Fox.

5. Adventure Time 

Adventure Time is my favorite cartoon. Join Finn, Jake, Princess Bubblegum and all the inhabitants of the Land of Ooo while they celebrate awesomeness and defeat the crazy obstacles that arise. This show has lots of hysterical references, constant excitement, great musical numbers, bright colors, trippy pictures, amazingly unique, funny characters and epic romance. What more could one need in a cartoon? Catch new episodes of Adventure Time on Cartoon Network.

6. Brooklyn Nine-Nine 

What could possibly be funnier than Andy Sandberg as a police officer? Andy Sandberg, Terry Crews and Andre Braugher as police officers. Detective Jake Peralta (Sandberg) is a goofy cop who beats the bad guys all while offending his superiors. His quirky interactions with coworkers and his off-the-handle comments make for a sidesplitting sitcom. Watch this one on Sunday nights at 8:30/7:30c on Fox.

7. Modern Family 

Modern Family is a staple sitcom on television for viewers of all ages. This eccentric and diverse family encounters outrageous problems and work through with the help of each other, and their beautifully unique personalities. Keep up with your favorite tv family on Wednesday nights on ABC at 9/8c.

8. The Mindy Project 

Mindy Lahari is my favorite obstetrician ever. Join Mindy Kaling as she plays a medically-oriented version of herself. This rom-com is filled with the comedic stylings that only Mindy Kaling is capable of coming up with. Her awkward sassiness and bold confidence is something everyone can love and appreciate. Watch as Mindy explores work, friendships and every other problem that comes with romantic relationships on Fox on Tuesday nights at 9:30/8:30c.

9. Marry Me 

Marry Me is the story of a hilarious couple played by two of my favorites, Casey Wilson and Ken Marino. This couple has been dating for years and the show depicts their engagement and the moments leading up to their wedding. It has slapstick humor, couple jokes, emotional moments and dramatic tear jerking, hilarious moments from Casey Wilson’s spazzy and desperate, but beautiful character. Catch this brand new show on NBC on Tuesday nights at 9/8c.

10. Happyland  

A dramedy and coming-of-age story about a teenager named Lucy who, along with her mother, works at a popular theme park. Lucy is learning about herself, her mother, the men in her life and the parallels of real life versus fairytales. This show has the typical MTV humor with a heartfelt, rom-com twist. Watch this one on Tuesday nights at 11/10c on MTV.

Chantelle is from Virginia Beach, VA, and is currently a Junior at Virginia Commonwealth University. She is a Psychology Major with a Minor in Gender Sexuality and Women's Studies. She is an intense lover of comedy and is always looking for a reason to laugh. Her hobbies include dance, theatre, reading, and watching a lot t.v. You will usually find her dancing in a mirror, at a play or musical, filling her tummy with exotic foods, or crying over a piece of malfunctioning technology. She is an avid feminist, and loves helping people of all walks of life. After graduation she hopes to continue on to earn her Ph.D in Child Psychology and spend the rest of her days making young little humans smile more. You can find her spreading wisdom on Twitter @chantelltelle 
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!