10 Distractions at the Gym

Going to the gym can be a struggle in itself, but add in a few distractions, and there goes a workout gone to waste! 

Distraction #1: You can’t go 10 minutes without checking your phone.

Distraction #2: The guy next to you looks good when he sweats.

Distraction #3: The Meathead lifting weights grunts way too loudly.

Distraction #4: The clown-faced Barbie is “stretching” by the weight room again.

Distraction #5: The person on the treadmill next to you chose the wrong footwear.

Distraction #6: You and your friends can’t take working out seriously when you’re together.

Distraction #7: You can stop thinking about your post-workout meal.

Distraction #8: Someone is hogging your favorite machine and doesn’t even know how to use it correctly.

Distraction #9: People are using the mirrors at the gym to take selfies instead of watching their form.

Distraction #10: You can’t stop staring at the guy who always skips leg day.

Kristina Hipolito is a Chesapeake native and a sophomore at Virginia Commonwealth University. As a Mass Communications major with a concentration in Public Relations, she has a passion for writing, traveling, and event planning. Her aspirations include one day moving to the big city and working in either the entertainment travel/leisure, or media industry as a PR Professional, Marketing Coordinator, or Event Planner. In her spare time, you can find her on campus running to her next meeting or updating her multiple social networking sites. Follow her on Twitter @ktinaah or read her blog kristinahipolito.blogspot.com!