Why to Not Get a ‘Bob’

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Vanderbilt chapter.

As my college career comes to a close (still in denial), I’ve been pushing hard against a trend that is so entrenched in our society. I’m here to tell all you girls out there who are graduating this spring that you do not need to get a bob. While we’ve been operating under the assumption that bobs “make you look older,” they kind of just make you look like a try hard. I think we can all agree that it is a strange phenomenon to look around and have suddenly everyone channeling their inner 40 year old with “professional,” “conservative,” “responsible” looking styles. It ages you, and I for one don’t think it is necessary. Embrace your youth a little longer, because your colleagues are going to know you are new no matter what. And moreso, bobs do not look good on everyone. While it may be the best decision you ever made, it could easily be the worst. So my advice is don’t feel pressured to get the modest hairstyles you see on your mom’s friends. Hair, no matter what length, can look professional and well-kept. Stay true to you, and find a hairstyle that compliments you.