What to Get Your Mom for Mother’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Vanderbilt chapter.

Mother’s Day is a holiday that should be taken more seriously. After all, if it wasn’t for your mom, you wouldn’t be here! It’s tempting to just get your mom some flowers for her big day, but that’s boring and not nearly enough for all of the work she has put into raising you. So this year, consider getting her something a little more personalized. Check out our suggestions below if you’re struggling, and remember, the most important part of her gift is a beautiful handwritten card- moms eat that stuff up! 

For the healthy momEat Pretty by Jolene Heart

If your mom is super into eating healthy and exercising, consider buying her this new book. It includes tips and recipes for increasing one’s beauty the natural way- through food! It’s gotten some great reviews from women of all ages, making it a must for any healthy mom. Plus, the cover of this book is absolutely beautiful, and what mom doesn’t like pretty things? 

For the trendy mom– Pop Sugar Must Have Box 

Pop Sugar is an awesome lifestyle blog/news source that scours the web for the hottest trends and then creates monthly boxes filled with them! Every month is so different and fun, and your trendy mom will love knowing that she’s getting all of the hottest items sent straight to her door. I actually got my mom a subscription to this service for Christmas two years ago, and she’s still so obsessed with it! It’s only $30 a month, and she’ll usually end up giving me something that she doesn’t like, so it’s really a win-win. 

For the stressed momMama’s Ritual Gift Set 

Maybe you have a ton of younger siblings that your poor mom still has to deal with. Maybe those siblings are angsty teenagers that drive her crazy. Whatever is causing her stress, consider buying her the Mama’s Ritual Gift Set from Zoe’s Organics. The brand is awesome for pregnant women, babies, and new mothers, but this gift set is perfect for mothers of any age! It includes a bath soak, which helps to relieve stress and anxiety, an aromatherapy oil, which provides an on-the-go pick me up, and an aromatherapy candle, which can melt away stress in any room of the house. This is a must for any stressed-out mom! 

For the domestic momMy Paris Kitchen: Recipes and Stories by David Lebovitz

Every woman dreams of living in Paris, so let your mom live vicariously through this cookbook, which takes readers on a tour of Paris through recipes and beautiful photography. Your domestic mom will absolutely love cooking her way through this book, and whenever you’re home, you’ll be able to reap the benefits! Get ready to eat up some chocolate cake with with salted butter caramel sauce… and gain ten pounds over summer break. 

For the mom with a sweet toothLush Sweetest Mum Gift Set 

If your mom has a sweet tooth, consider getting her this awesome gift set from Lush. Lush is a great brand, because all of their products are organic and natural, yet they smell absolutely amazing and indulgent! This gift set is really cute because it includes a lot of scents that are sure to appeal to her love of sweet treats, from Vanilla Delite body lotion to a Godiva shampoo bar. The great thing about this gift set- it contains no calories! 

Stacey Oswald, originally from South Florida, came to Vanderbilt as a member of the class of 2015 and got involved with HerCampus her freshman year. She became assistant editor that year and is now the Campus Correspondent for Vanderbilt HC as a sophomore. Stacey is currently a columnist for Ask Miss A- Nashville and the life section of The Hustler. She's also very involved in her sorority, Kappa Delta, as well as Invisible Children. Outside of school and her extracurriculars, Stacey finds happiness in many sources, the most crucial being exercise and the sun. She loves to attend exercise classes and is an avid runner; she recently completed the Country Music Half Marathon. She also loves Vitamin D, especially when on the beach- though of course, she only soaks up the sun after applying SPF. A few of the things Stacey couldn't live without? Good food (especially from Sweet Cece's, Bricktops, and Samurai Sushi), great books (The Hypnotist's Love Story is a recent favorite), her family back in Florida, her wonderful boyfriend, and all of the great friends she's made at Vanderbilt.