Welcoming The Grilled Cheeserie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Vanderbilt chapter.

One of my favorite things about Nashville since Freshman year has been the foodtrucks. From Itty Bitty Donuts to Funk Seoul Brother!, Nashville is home to some of the best dessert and entrée food trucks. Tracking them down every weekend has been a personal hobby of mine for years. It’s probably no surprise that finding out The Grilled Cheeserie was opening up a brick and mortar store just minutes from campus was the highlight of my senior year.

The grilled cheeserie is definitely one of the Nashville food truck favorites, and anywhere that it goes, you can bet an hour-long line follows. I recently had a chance to visit the restaurant they opened up in Hillsboro Village, and it definitely is a game changer.

Not only do they offer the classic favorites, but the store itself also has old-school milkshakes and an extended menu.

While you can’t go wrong with anything on the menu, my favorites are the Pimento Mac & Cheese Melt (mac and cheese on a grilled cheese? How can you go wrong?) and the Croque Madame melt. Make sure to supplement your sandwich with the Creamy Old-Fashioned Tomato Soup, or the Hashbrowns! You won’t regret it

Niina Kurki

Vanderbilt