Trend Alert: Dayglow!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Vanderbilt chapter.

It’s not just for ‘80s-themed parties and night clubs anymore; when worn tastefully, neon and other bright colors can not only be fashionable, but incredibly chic. Try some of these awesome finds to get in with the cool kids (on the block). Just remember – less is more! Don’t splurge on trendy items, because they’ll go away just as soon as they came here! But don’t let that discourage you – that’s no reason not to make a small investment in a tank, some cute shorts, or a couple belts!

Shorts are a fun and easy way to get started on this trend: Pair these cute high-rise sea foam ones with a black tank or a cream-colored crocheted top and brown leather sandals!

Also from Urban Outfitters, this neon maxi skirt has serious cute-potential. Let the skirt shine (literally) by pairing it with a simple black tank and a long silver necklace.

Bright cropped pants are everywhere right now! These ones from Gap are incredibly comfortable, because they have plenty of stretch – just like your favorite leggings. Pair them with whatever you would usually wear with normal jeans – keep in mind though that the pants look best when paired with classic colors like black and white or neutrals!

Trend alert! The blazer has been updated and redefined with this new trend. Wear this bright red one from J. Crew to fancy dinners over your LBD, or with jean shorts and a tank to class on a colder day.

Finally, to try this color in a bit smaller dosage, get yourself a wristlet, clutch, or small purse in a bright hue! We love this one from Francesca’s:

Jessica Pawlarczyk is a junior at Vanderbilt University where she is majoring in Sociology and Spanish. Besides Her Campus, Jessica is involved in newspaper, APO service fraternity, math tutoring and youth mentoring. She enjoys playing tennis, reading Jodi Picoult novels and finding new "pins" for her Pinterest page in her spare time. Jessica is incredibly excited to be a part of the Her Campus team!