‘Tis the Season for Christmas Everything

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Vanderbilt chapter.
The holidays creeping up on us (Christmas is less than 6 weeks away!!!!) can only mean one thing: holiday parties are just around the corner. Christmas is definitely my favorite time of the year; I love decorating my room in red and green, cutting snowflakes out of paper to put on all of my windows (a tradition I have continued at college), listening to Christmas albums, buying presents and drinking peppermint hot chocolate! Despite my favorite thing about Christmas being the ugly Christmas sweaters, I admit that they aren’t always practical when you want to look cute in party photos. Instead, for Christmas parties, dinners and other events, I go for cute holiday-themed accessories. Here are some ideas!

For those of you that don’t want to overheat in a Christmas sweater at a party, a cute pair of holiday-themed earrings would be perfect. These gingerbread-man earrings are absolutely to-die for – how cute would those be with a red dress for a Christmas party, dinner or even for Christmas Eve?!

The ONLY bad thing about this necklace is that it’s not a real candy cane! This necklace is super cute and festive, and it would look great in holiday pictures!

Is it even Christmas if Frozen isn’t a part of it? Make sure you’re wearing this when you watch Frozen: the Sing-Along with your friends (don’t even pretend you weren’t already planning to!)

Presents? Need I say more? It would be so cute to wear this while opening all of your presents. Not to mention this would be a super cute present to give one of your friends! Present-ception anyone?

Zazzle has hundreds of cute Christmas themed scarves, and they even have the option to customize them! You can upload your own Christmas photo and have them print it onto a scarf. These scarves would be perfect for the dark and cold December as an adorable addition to a dark coat!

Writing this has definitely put me in the Christmas spirit, time to hit play on my Christmas playlist! Hope you guys are looking forward to Christmas as much as I am :)
Niina Kurki

Vanderbilt

Stacey Oswald, originally from South Florida, came to Vanderbilt as a member of the class of 2015 and got involved with HerCampus her freshman year. She became assistant editor that year and is now the Campus Correspondent for Vanderbilt HC as a sophomore. Stacey is currently a columnist for Ask Miss A- Nashville and the life section of The Hustler. She's also very involved in her sorority, Kappa Delta, as well as Invisible Children. Outside of school and her extracurriculars, Stacey finds happiness in many sources, the most crucial being exercise and the sun. She loves to attend exercise classes and is an avid runner; she recently completed the Country Music Half Marathon. She also loves Vitamin D, especially when on the beach- though of course, she only soaks up the sun after applying SPF. A few of the things Stacey couldn't live without? Good food (especially from Sweet Cece's, Bricktops, and Samurai Sushi), great books (The Hypnotist's Love Story is a recent favorite), her family back in Florida, her wonderful boyfriend, and all of the great friends she's made at Vanderbilt.