Tips for Dealing with the Nashville Humidity

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Vanderbilt chapter.
I had no idea when I moved from Chicago’s suburbs to Nashville that I was going to experience the worst humidity of my life. As I trekked around campus on my Visions tour, I was miserably sweating in the heat. I didn’t know how to deal with my hair or dress on the days that were so muggy. Luckily, I learned how to deal with this less than perfect weather.

1. Sundresses are your best friend: You’ll look cute and stylish, and they’re actually cooler than wearing shorts and a tank top. It’s totally not necessary to splurge on a Lilly Pulitzer dress: you can pick up dresses for really reasonable prices at Forever 21 and H&M to beat the heat.

2. Tone down your makeup: Heavy foundation will only be uncomfortable and leave you self-conscious when you’re sweating it all off. Go for a more simple, natural look, that will leave you looking pretty through the heat.

3. Put your hair up: This is a two-in-one bonus tip: you’ll feel cooler with your hair off of your back and you won’t have to worry about it frizzing as much!

4. Drink water!: I could go on for pages about how important it is to drink water in general, but especially when its 95 degrees with 95% humidity, your body needs the extra fluids. Buy a cute water bottle and carry it around so that you have easy access.

Keep cool and carry on, collegiettes!