This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Vanderbilt chapter.

Halloween is right around the corner and I’ve gathered a few fun things you can do in Nashville and on campus!

Nashville Halloween Activities

1. Cheekwood Botanical Gardens

Cheekwood Botanical Gardens is a great place to go for cute fall pics and to get into the Halloween spirit. At Cheekwood they currently have two pumpkin houses, in addition to pumpkins displayed around the gardens. You can also purchase pumpkins to carve and paint while you are there. Tickets with a college i.d. are $15 during the day. 

2. Nashville Zoo

Get ready for Boo at the Zoo! While this event is geared towards kids, it is a fun experience for everybody. Grab your costume and get ready for cute photos, animal shows, and a fun Halloween. Boo at the Zoo is happening October 20-25 and 27-30. Tickets are $16.

3. Shuckles Corn Maze & Pumpkin Patch at Fiddle Dee Farms

Shuckles Corn Maze & Pumpkin Patch at Fiddle Dee Farms is a great place to get you in the fall and Halloween spirit. Every Saturday night they are showing a movie on their big screen. They have a 10 acre corn maze, hayrides, pumpkins, crafts, and yummy fall snacks! Tickets are $12.76 plus tax. Shuckles is about 30 minutes from main campus. 

4. Hermitage Ghost Tours

Get spooked with a ghost tour of Andrew Jackson’s Hermitage. This experience happens Wednesday – Sunday with tours at 7 and 9pm. Each ticket includes the ghost tour and tasting from Natchez Hill Winery. Tickets cost $35. The Hermitage is about 25 minutes from main campus.

5. Hocus Pocus at The Field at Franklin

Start your week of Halloween off right with a free screening of Hocus Pocus! This event is happening at The Field at Franklin on Monday October 26 from 12:30-4:30pm. 

On Campus Halloween Activities

1. Cut the Craft: Halloween Edition

The Ingram Commons is hosting a cut the craft event Thursday October 29 from 2-3. Students get to decorate candy bowls and eat lots of candy! RSVP via Anchorlink to attend.

2. Her Campus Pumpkin Painting

This members only event is happening Friday October 30. Come hang with fellow HCV members and paint a cute pumpkin to get you into the Halloween spirit. RSVP is required through Anchorlink to attend.

3. CSA Duppy Stories

Join CSA via zoom to here spooky stories from the Carribean. Zoom information can be found on their Anchorlink page. The event will take place Thursday October 29 at 6:30pm. 

4. Moore Monster Mash

Join Moore College for a fun night of Halloween festivities. This event will have pumpkin painting, a costume contest, and a Netflix movie party with yummy snacks. The event will be held October 29 at 7pm. More information can be found on Anchorlink

5. iChats: Spooky Season

Join Professor Heraldo Falconi and Roshaunda Ross-Orta to learn about Dia de los Muertos and Halloween. Discussion will include how the two differ, their histories, and controversies surrounding the holidays. This event will take place via zoom on October 29 from 8-9pm. More information can be found on Anchorlink.

6. Ghost Next ‘Dore

Join East House to create fun and spooky halloween decor! This event will take place Sunday October 25 from 5:30-7pm. More information can be found on Anchorlink

7. Vida Halloween Clinic

Join Vanderbilt’s favorite latin dance group for some cool moves and spooky tunes. This fun event will be taking place Sunday October 25. More information can be found on Anchorlink

8. Literary Trivia

The English Majors Association and the English department have got together to bring you ~spooky literary trivia~ This event is being held on Tuesday October 27 at 6pm. More information can be found on Anchorlink

9. Ghostbusters

Join SAB Wednesday October 28 at 7pm on Wilson Lawn to watch Ghostbusters. RSVP is required. More information can be found on Anchorlink

Madison Edwards

Vanderbilt '21

Madison is a Campus Trendsetter and Campus Correspondent. She is currently majoring in Human and Organizational Development at Vanderbilt University. Madison enjoys traveling and trying new foods, and can always be found drinking a good cup of coffee :)