A Style Icon’s Reading List: 2019 Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Vanderbilt chapter.

For three and a half years, I ran a fashion, beauty, and lifestyle blog that I poured my heart and soul into week after week. Of the dozens of series and hundreds of posts I published, one of my all time favorites (and most consistent!) was my seasonal fashion syllabus series titled A Fashionista’s Reading List. There were some standout editions like A Fashionista’s Reading List: Fall 2016 and a few duds here and there. But the gist of the series is one that I want to hold on to.

Today, it’s A Fashionista’s Reading List. Hopefully, tomorrow it’ll be A History Buff’s Reading List, next week A Beauty Junkie’s Reading List, and maybe one day we’ll publish A Pizza Lover’s Reading List or something of that like. But until then, without further ado, here’s A Fashionista’s Reading List: 2019 Edition.  

1. Nasty Galaxy by Sophia Amoruso

2. DVF: Journey of a Dress by Diane von Furstenberg

3. Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty by Andrew Bolton

4. Pantone of Fashion: A Century of Color in Design  by Leatrice Eiseman

5. Women in this Town by Giuseppe Santamaria

6. Refinery29: Style Stalking by Piera Gelardi

7. Dandy Lion by Shantrelle P. Lewis

8. The Teen Vogue Handbook by Amy Astley

(pictures courtesy of Amazon.com) 

Muna Ikedionwu

Vanderbilt '19

Muna is studying Medical Humanities & The Arts and Corporate Strategy at Vanderbilt University. She loves supporting small businesses, watching indie films on weekends, and can talk for hours about anything from the newest addition to her skincare routine to how the digitization of political news has changed society for the better. Her motto is "Be fearless. Be authentic. Be brave enough to start a conversation that matters."