This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Vanderbilt chapter.

Spring has arrived and although the Nashville weather may have us feeling differently, it doesn’t mean we can’t start dressing for spring. There are some great trends out this season, but if you’re like me and love the deep hues of winter months, the transition into spring can seem more difficult. That said, pastels and neon are a few of my favorite spring trends, but the one I’m most excited about this season is floral. The key to styling the floral print is to not overwhelm your outfit with too many flowers. Floral is a bold print, and if not styled properly, it can be overwhelming. Below are a few great ways to style the print. 

The easiest way to make this trend a part of your spring wardrobe is by purchasing a floral top. This selection from Topshop is very casual and would look great paired with any denim. 

Another great way to wear this trend is with a floral print blazer. It’s a little more daring, but again not too overwhelming. Pair this one from Forever New with a colored pant or denim for the perfect spring look. 

Finally, for the bold fashionistas out there, one of the best ways to rock the floral print is with a printed pant. It’s the focus of the outfit, it’s bold, bright, and will definitely make a statement. To style this silk pant from J.Crew, just pair it with a light blouse that matches some part of the flower, like light blue or white! 

All of these outfits look great with a cute flat, or for a dressy casual look, a spring heel. 

For those who still have some reservations about this trend, try it out with a cute pair of floral print heels, like the Aldo Frited shown below. 

Stacey Oswald, originally from South Florida, came to Vanderbilt as a member of the class of 2015 and got involved with HerCampus her freshman year. She became assistant editor that year and is now the Campus Correspondent for Vanderbilt HC as a sophomore. Stacey is currently a columnist for Ask Miss A- Nashville and the life section of The Hustler. She's also very involved in her sorority, Kappa Delta, as well as Invisible Children. Outside of school and her extracurriculars, Stacey finds happiness in many sources, the most crucial being exercise and the sun. She loves to attend exercise classes and is an avid runner; she recently completed the Country Music Half Marathon. She also loves Vitamin D, especially when on the beach- though of course, she only soaks up the sun after applying SPF. A few of the things Stacey couldn't live without? Good food (especially from Sweet Cece's, Bricktops, and Samurai Sushi), great books (The Hypnotist's Love Story is a recent favorite), her family back in Florida, her wonderful boyfriend, and all of the great friends she's made at Vanderbilt.