Pure Barre Comes to White Bridge!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Vanderbilt chapter.

Here at Her Campus, we are huge fans of barre. We had one of our first events at Barre3 in the Gulch, and I personally have been doing both Pure Barre and Barre3 for years. It’s the only workout that is both fun, relaxing, and amazing for your body, in my humble opinion. It also builds beautiful, lean dancer bodies if you do it religiously, which is pretty much always a good thing. So when I heard about the opening of a new Pure Barre studio here in Nashville that is FAR more convenient than the one in Green Hills, I was PSYCHED.

The new location is in White Bridge, right past Publix and across from Target. It’s also conveniently located next to Nothing Bundt Cakes, so you can get fat right after your workout because #yolo. Note: Nothing Bundt Cakes will not provide you with the aforementioned dancer body, but it’s a price you might have to pay. This location is a much easier drive from Vanderbilt, especially if you leave outside of rush hour- unfortunately, the path to the Green Hills location is ALWAYS blocked with traffic. So now you officially have no excuse to skip out on Pure Barre!

The new studio is beautiful- it’s a bit more glamorous than the Green Hills one but still cozy. The staff is also extremely friendly and welcoming, which will help you get your workout started on a positive note. There’s nothing worse than walking into an exercise studio and being greeted by grumpy people Like, even if you aren’t working out at the time, don’t all those endorphins rub off on you???

The class itself is HARD. I mentioned earlier that I’ve been doing both Pure Barre and Barre3, but to be honest, I’ve mainly been doing Barre3 because it’s closer. I’m not trying to knock Barre3 at all, because I truly love that studio and how positive and invigorating the classes are, but Pure Barre is an entirely different beast. I was honestly just as sore the day after Pure Barre as I typically am after Barry’s, but I didn’t sweat half as much or look a quarter as disgusting as I do during the latter. Pure Barre is especially unique from other barre studios for the following reasons:

1)   The floors are carpeted. This will make your feet feel infinitely better than they do on typical wood floors.

2)   Within the first five minutes of Pure Barre, you will likely be sweating. You start out with the hardest stuff to get your metabolism going before you move into easier, more isolated movements. Note: If you can’t hold the plank or do all the pushups the first time, don’t feel bad. I had to go on my knees at least twice, and I work out every day. Sooo yeah. That happened. 

3)   Ab work gets pretty intense, especially at the end. It starts out easier with lots of tucking, but then it starts to seriously burn. This is what makes you feel sore the next day and also helps to cinch in your muffin top. Sign me up!

Long story short, you need to try out the new location of Pure Barre ASAP. They offer all sorts of student discounts, so you can sign up for a month unlimited without completely breaking the bank. This is also a surefire way to get you toned up for spring/summer! Skip logging countless hours on ellipticals and treadmills in the Rec, and sign up for Pure Barre. You’ll save yourself your sanity and your happiness and gain a beautiful dancer’s body at the same time! Not a bad deal, am I right??? 

Stacey Oswald, originally from South Florida, came to Vanderbilt as a member of the class of 2015 and got involved with HerCampus her freshman year. She became assistant editor that year and is now the Campus Correspondent for Vanderbilt HC as a sophomore. Stacey is currently a columnist for Ask Miss A- Nashville and the life section of The Hustler. She's also very involved in her sorority, Kappa Delta, as well as Invisible Children. Outside of school and her extracurriculars, Stacey finds happiness in many sources, the most crucial being exercise and the sun. She loves to attend exercise classes and is an avid runner; she recently completed the Country Music Half Marathon. She also loves Vitamin D, especially when on the beach- though of course, she only soaks up the sun after applying SPF. A few of the things Stacey couldn't live without? Good food (especially from Sweet Cece's, Bricktops, and Samurai Sushi), great books (The Hypnotist's Love Story is a recent favorite), her family back in Florida, her wonderful boyfriend, and all of the great friends she's made at Vanderbilt.