This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Vanderbilt chapter.

With the fall season in full swing, every person needs to have that perfect playlist to pair with their hot chocolate and sugar cookies on a cold November night. Here are five songs from across musical genres that you need to add to your fall rotation to really get into the spirit. 

1. Willow by Taylor Swift

At this point, I don’t know who hasn’t heard this song yet, but in line with the “cottage core” vibe of her Evermore album, Willow is made to be that perfect soft and sweet song for the fall. 

1. October Sky by Yebba

As one of the most underrated releases of the past year, October Sky lures you into a trance with Yebba’s warm tone and wistful lyrics about her late mother and a happier time she wants to remember again.

1. I Want You Around by Snoh Aalegra 

With no frills or fancy effects, Snoh Aalegra delivers her usual calming vocal performance on I Want You Around as she sings of someone she wishes was near. Whether you have someone or not this fall season, this song was made for you to close your eyes and sway.  

1. Further Away by beebadoobee

In Further Away, beebadoobee’s blunt lyrics meld well with the dreamy soundscape of the track. Muted instrumentals and stripped vocals makes this song perfect to sit back and relax as beebadoobee takes you away. 

1. Nashville, TN by Chris Stapleton 

With Nashville, TN, Stapleton takes listeners on a sad journey, recounting how a city he used to love has become a stranger to him. Even those who are not a fan of country music are sure to fall in love with Stapleton’s gentle country drawl and soft guitar melody on this song.

Check out these songs and more here!

Chioma Chukwuma

Vanderbilt '23

My name is Chioma and I am a Political Science major at Vanderbilt University! When I'm not working on academics, you can find me reading a fantasy novel, writing a story, or scrolling through Twitter.