Meet Alpha Chi President and Future Doctor, Hannah Suchy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Vanderbilt chapter.

Meet Vanderbilt senior, Hannah Suchy, who has been the President of Alpha Chi Omega sorority for the past year. She has been a great leader at chapter meetings by always putting in extra time and effort to make things their best. I wanted to ask her some questions about her position and, more generally, her time at Vanderbilt thus far. It’s hard to believe that we’re both graduating soon, especially since we met each other by living on the same hall freshman year!

1. What’s your major?I am a Child Development and MHS double major.

2. Do you have post-grad plans yet?I don’t have any concrete plans for next year but in general I plan to take a year off doing either a masters program or working before going to medical school.

3. Where do you see yourself in five years?I hope that in 5 years I’ll be working my way through medical school!

4. What was it like being the President of Alpha Chi Omega?Being the President of Alpha Chi for the last year was one of the greatest experiences I have ever had. While managing the chapter had its challenges, I learned so much in the process and got to know so many great people in and out of the Greek community who I wouldn’t have otherwise.

5. Was it different being president of a sorority versus other non-Greek groups?I think that being the president of a sorority is a bit different than a non-Greek group first of all because we have a lot more members than many organizations on campus. Also, while our chapter is on Vanderbilt’s campus, we are still influenced and run by our National headquarters and the Panhellenic Council, which creates additional factors and means that I am representing many more people than the 180 in my chapter. Knowing that I am reflecting thousands of women across the country adds a little pressure but having such a wide network of resources and support is so helpful!

6. What has been your favorite memory at Vanderbilt?Pinpointing a favorite memory is too hard because there have been so many. But I think my favorite time of the year is right at the beginning of school when everyone is coming back and moving in and you get to reunite with everyone who you haven’t seen in 4 months. It’s the best way to start off the year and definitely a reminder of how great Vanderbilt is.

7. Do you have any advice for freshmen?As clichéd as it may sound, enjoy your time at Vanderbilt. Say “yes” to experiences that you wouldn’t normally (safety in mind) because college is more fun when you’re doing something di

Stacey Oswald, originally from South Florida, came to Vanderbilt as a member of the class of 2015 and got involved with HerCampus her freshman year. She became assistant editor that year and is now the Campus Correspondent for Vanderbilt HC as a sophomore. Stacey is currently a columnist for Ask Miss A- Nashville and the life section of The Hustler. She's also very involved in her sorority, Kappa Delta, as well as Invisible Children. Outside of school and her extracurriculars, Stacey finds happiness in many sources, the most crucial being exercise and the sun. She loves to attend exercise classes and is an avid runner; she recently completed the Country Music Half Marathon. She also loves Vitamin D, especially when on the beach- though of course, she only soaks up the sun after applying SPF. A few of the things Stacey couldn't live without? Good food (especially from Sweet Cece's, Bricktops, and Samurai Sushi), great books (The Hypnotist's Love Story is a recent favorite), her family back in Florida, her wonderful boyfriend, and all of the great friends she's made at Vanderbilt.