This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Vanderbilt chapter.

Valentine’s day certainly looks very different for everyone during a pandemic, whether you are in a relationship or single. Regardless of your relationship status, I think this is a great opportunity to dress up and change out of your quarantine outfits for the day. Here is a bold red lip look I created that you can wear whether you are celebrating via Zoom, safely with your significant other, or alone.

photo of Eryn with a bold red lip, in a cobalt blue sweater, with tan and pink eye shadow
Original photo by Eryn Lin

Products Used:

• Makeup Revolution Forever Flawless Allure Shadow Palette

• e.l.f. Cosmetics Natural Lash Kit 

• Benefit Cosmetics Hoola Bronzer 

• E.l.f. Cosmetics Shadow Lock Eyelid Primer in Sheer

• L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Liquid Foundation (in preferred shade) 

• L’Oreal Brow Stylist Definer Eyebrow Pencil in Dark Brunette

• L’Oreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions Waterproof Mascara in Blackest Black

• Maybelline Line Stiletto Liquid Eyeliner in Blackest Black

• Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Red Revival

Steps: 

1. Apply your desired foundation, concealer and powder.

2. Fill in your brows with your desired brow product. 

3. Prime your eyelids with your desired eyeshadow primer. 

4. Apply a matte pinkish tan eyeshadow shade into the crease of your eye, outer corner, and lower lash line, and blend. 

5. Next, apply a matte light tan eyeshadow over the lid and in the inner corner.

6. Blend the pinkish tan with the light tan eyeshadow in the outer corner.

7. Now apply your desired eyeliner.

8. Curl your top lashes and apply mascara to your bottom lashes only. 

9. Glue on your favorite lashes (Pro tip: run the lash over a drop of glue and wait about half a minute for the glue to become tacky before placing the lash on your eyelid).

10. Next, apply your favorite contour and highlight.

11. Finally, finish the look off with a bright red lipstick. 

Eryn Lin

Vanderbilt '21

Economics major, Business and Chinese Culture & Language minor "People will forget what you said, forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." -Maya Angelou
Madison Edwards

Vanderbilt '21

Madison is a Campus Trendsetter and Campus Correspondent. She is currently majoring in Human and Organizational Development at Vanderbilt University. Madison enjoys traveling and trying new foods, and can always be found drinking a good cup of coffee :)