alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Let’s Talk Riverdale: Chapter Twenty-Six

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Vanderbilt chapter.

Warning! *Spoilers ahead*

A lot happened last week, so here are some of the highlights:

Something crazy happened at the Cooper household that resulted in the death of Chic’s drug dealer. We re-enter the episode as Betty decides to help her mom clean up the mess, later hiding the body in the woods where no one can find it. In a stroke of anxiety, Betty returns to the body and takes his cell phone–she tries to discover the identity of the dead man, only finding out that he is a popular drug dealer and that Chic himself texted the man on the night of the murder/self-defense/not-really-sure-what’s-going-on-here-killing. Just like Dark Side Betty, Dark Side Chic seems to come out of the woodwork when he smirks behind Betty and Mrs. Cooper’s backs directly after pretending to cry about the death. There’s a lot of weird going on here, and I can’t seem to put my finger on it.

Later on, the Coopers decide to seek the help of Jughead and FP in destroying the evidence. FP buries the body in an attempt to get rid of any and all loose ends that could possibly come back to haunt the Coopers. He reminds Alice that Serpents take care of their own as the dynamic foursome sip coffee at Pop’s.

While all of this is going on, Archie continues to deal with Agent Adams. Adams pushes Archie to get more information on Mr. Lodge, even asking him to bug Hiram’s office after the death of Poppa Poutine. Archie decides to confess to Hiram about everything going on with the FBI, emphasizing just how much he loves Veronica and how he would do anything to protect her. Veronica, on the other hand, goes behind her parents’ backs and tells Mayor McCoy that they are planning to tell the entire town about her affair with Sheriff Keller. Mayor McCoy decides to resign from her position in office just as Veronica slyly comments to Mr. and Mrs. Lodge that their cruelty is unnecessary.

As the episode comes to a close, Andre (the Lodge’s driver) picks up Archie for a “private” and “scenic” meeting with “the boss”. As the two arrive in the middle of the woods for Archie’s meeting, we are greeted not by Hiram, but by HERMIONE! Apparently the real boss the entire time, Hermione reminds Archie of the family’s “code of silence”, admitting that Agent Adams isn’t a real FBI agent and that the whole thing was simply a test. Welcome to the family, Archie.

Until next time,

Yours truly

Muna Ikedionwu

Vanderbilt '19

Muna is studying Medical Humanities & The Arts and Corporate Strategy at Vanderbilt University. She loves supporting small businesses, watching indie films on weekends, and can talk for hours about anything from the newest addition to her skincare routine to how the digitization of political news has changed society for the better. Her motto is "Be fearless. Be authentic. Be brave enough to start a conversation that matters."