This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Vanderbilt chapter.
Name: Kya

Hometown: Memphis, TN

Year: Senior

Major: Communication Studies

Campus Involvement: Her Campus, Vanderbilt Afterschool Program, RA, VTV

What made you want to join HerCampus?: It was my junior year and I was still trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my life. At the time, I thought I wanted to go into fashion PR and I realized that I needed to build a writing portfolio that consisted of more diverse material. Also, I’ve always kind of enjoyed writing (before middle school anyway) and I thought it would be a fun change of pace to write about things other than historical figures.

What are some of your hobbies?: When I am awake for longer than an hour, I enjoy reading, watching TV shows, dancing, making up stories, and gossiping with my friends.

How does it feel to almost be done with college?: It feels…strange.  It seems like just yesterday I was completing the Common App and now I’m about to register for graduation.  It’s really crazy to think that I’m about to enter the real world and no longer be able to rely on the “Vanderbubble” for support and protection.  But, I think I’m ready to start that new chapter in my life and see what I’m really made of.

What’s your favorite thing about Vanderbilt?: I would definitely say the people.  From the professors I’ve had to the friends I’ve made, I have been enlightened by them and challenged to think in ways that I could have never dreamed of.