It’s Almost Christmas- Time to Get Tacky!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Vanderbilt chapter.

It’s everyone’s favorite time of the year! A time for stuffing our faces in turkey and mashed potatoes, a time for thanks and family, and a time for Black Friday shopping!  For some, this is what Thanksgiving is really all about- staying up all night with your mom, sister, or girlfriends and driving around town in search of the biggest sales at your favorite stores.  So what’s on your list this year?  Some colorful J.Crew cardigans or that Michael Kors watch that you’ve had your eye on for months? But, we can’t forget about what’s coming up after Thanksgiving break… Christmas parties!  When we arrive back at Vanderbilt, we will no doubt be locked in the library all day studying for finals, but we will also have reading days off of class, a perfect opportunity for a Christmas-themed night out with friends.  So prepare for these parties, and make sure you show up in style.  You may not have noticed how widespread the tacky Christmas sweater trend is becoming, so in case you forgot here’s some of the tackiest of them all.  Make sure to keep an eye out for some thrifty deals on these sweaters during your Black Friday shopping and you are sure to be hit of the Christmas party!

Stacey Oswald, originally from South Florida, came to Vanderbilt as a member of the class of 2015 and got involved with HerCampus her freshman year. She became assistant editor that year and is now the Campus Correspondent for Vanderbilt HC as a sophomore. Stacey is currently a columnist for Ask Miss A- Nashville and the life section of The Hustler. She's also very involved in her sorority, Kappa Delta, as well as Invisible Children. Outside of school and her extracurriculars, Stacey finds happiness in many sources, the most crucial being exercise and the sun. She loves to attend exercise classes and is an avid runner; she recently completed the Country Music Half Marathon. She also loves Vitamin D, especially when on the beach- though of course, she only soaks up the sun after applying SPF. A few of the things Stacey couldn't live without? Good food (especially from Sweet Cece's, Bricktops, and Samurai Sushi), great books (The Hypnotist's Love Story is a recent favorite), her family back in Florida, her wonderful boyfriend, and all of the great friends she's made at Vanderbilt.