This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Vanderbilt chapter.

This year, we received the innisfree Spring Break Survival Kit. innisfree, a beauty brand based in Korea, is known for using environmentally-friendly practices and biodegradable materials in their products. This welcome kit included the My Real Squeeze Mask, Intensive Hydrating Serum, Intensive Hydrating Eye Cream, and Intensive Hydrating Cream, and here are my impressions of these products after using them for a week.

First Impressions:

My Real Squeeze Mask—The first thing I noticed was how soft this mask was. It was very gentle on the skin and had a cool, minty feel, which I appreciated. With some face masks, sometimes I have problems with alignment or sliding, but not with this mask. The only thing I didn’t like was that the formula leaves your skin feeling sticky after removing the mask.

Intensive Hydrating Serum—This serum feels like something that came straight from the rainforest, but in a good way. The formula is very thin, and almost feels like a cleansing water, and is INCREDIBLY hydrating. I loved how smoothly it applied; there was no tackiness. I also appreciated the natural, not-super-perfumy smell.

Intensive Hydrating Eye Cream—This eye cream is a little thicker than what I’m used to and leaves a sticky residue when its dry, but it is moisturizing and very gentle on the eye area. It has a very light, sweet scent that isn’t overwhelming.

Intensive Hydrating Cream—This face cream felt very similar to the eye cream in terms of texture, but it is slightly thinner and has a stronger fruity scent. I can seriously feel my skin thanking it and its moisturizing effects when I applied it. It is not tacky when dry, which is another plus.

Overall Results:

At the end of the week, I would use these products again and would definitely recommend them to a friend! I greatly appreciated how hydrating everything I used was, and I loved how each product had a different, but overall tropical scent, making the experience very fun and refreshing. My skin was breaking out at the beginning of the week and when I finished using these products, my skin was definitely less irritated and calming down. If you’re looking for a good skincare brand, give innisfree a try!

Eryn Lin

Vanderbilt '21

Economics major, Business and Chinese Culture & Language minor "People will forget what you said, forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." -Maya Angelou
Muna Ikedionwu

Vanderbilt '19

Muna is studying Medical Humanities & The Arts and Corporate Strategy at Vanderbilt University. She loves supporting small businesses, watching indie films on weekends, and can talk for hours about anything from the newest addition to her skincare routine to how the digitization of political news has changed society for the better. Her motto is "Be fearless. Be authentic. Be brave enough to start a conversation that matters."