This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Vanderbilt chapter.

Who wore it best? While we all have our own opinions about fashion, it is often hard to disagree when an outfit is at either end end of the beauty spectrum.

This year’s 68th Annual Primetime Emmy awards were hosted by Jimmy Kimmel on Sunday, September 18, 2016 at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles, California.  And as always, the red carpet played home to a fun variety of styles – some of them more painful to look at than others.

Highs:

Priyanka Chopra

It is essentially impossible to deny the beautify and grace that Priyanka displayed in this billowing, sleek, and classy red creation. 

Ellie Kemper:

Classy, chic, elegant, and, of course, unique.  Ellie Kemper is anything but average, and this 70’s style yellow dress proves she’s above it.

Viola Davis:

Everything from the color pop to the delicate lace bodice to the simple torso – she looks flawless.

Yara Shahidi:

She looks like a queen and a snow princess combined, what more is there to say? It’s incredible.

And then there were the lows: 

Sarah Hyland

First, pants on the red carpet is a bold choice, when you know you’ll be compared to everyone in their flowing princess gowns.  It is unclear whether Sarah had the intention of turning her outfit in a flying suit, but these wings are certainly big enough to take her off the ground.

Amy Poehler

While we all love Amy Poehler’s fun-loving and ever-young sense of humor, her outfit choice reminds me of the curtains you’d find in a grandma’s house.

Gwendoline Christie

If we’re being brutally honest, her dress looks a bit like a rumpled up trash bag,  Not to mention the strange, deflated-looking bulges under the armpit and on the butt. 

Emily Ratajkowski

Honestly, I’m confused.  Is this what the lovechild of Ursula and the Little Mermaid would look like?  

Anna Chlumsky:

Just….what?  Is this a sack of potatoes with a cape? The bubbly dress style was cool for middle schoolers circa 2007, but it disappeared for a good reason.