This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Vanderbilt chapter.
Whether you are returning home, traveling to an exotic paradise, or staying right here on campus, here are five fall-themed ideas about how to spend your well-deserved free time.

1. Festive Nails

Want to spice things up this fall? Try painting your nails with a festive theme, such as pumpkins or ghosts. Everyone will be impressed! 

2. Pumpkin Carving

Is it really Fall if you don’t carve a pumpkin? There is no better way to embrace the fall season than by going to a pumpkin patch with friends and family. Choose the biggest pumpkins you can find and rush home to give them some personality. You can make them look scary or funny- it’s up to you!

3. Apples, Apples, & More Apples!

Put on some warm pajamas and make it a relaxing game night. Play Apples to Apples with your girlfriends while sipping hot apple cider and munching on homemade caramel apples! Recipe for that last thing here

4. Movie Marathon

Get in the Halloween mood by having an overnight movie marathon with your best friends. Put on a scary movie, like Halloween or The Texas Chain Saw Masssacre. Don’t enjoy horror movies? Then watch the classic Halloween movies, such as It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown and Beetlejuice. 

5. Bonfire

There is nothing more fun than sitting in front of a warm fire with your closest friends, so make it a priority to have a bonfire party! However, it can’t be complete without marshmallow roasting, S’more making, and ghost story telling, so be prepared with some stories that will give your friends nightmares!
Stacey Oswald, originally from South Florida, came to Vanderbilt as a member of the class of 2015 and got involved with HerCampus her freshman year. She became assistant editor that year and is now the Campus Correspondent for Vanderbilt HC as a sophomore. Stacey is currently a columnist for Ask Miss A- Nashville and the life section of The Hustler. She's also very involved in her sorority, Kappa Delta, as well as Invisible Children. Outside of school and her extracurriculars, Stacey finds happiness in many sources, the most crucial being exercise and the sun. She loves to attend exercise classes and is an avid runner; she recently completed the Country Music Half Marathon. She also loves Vitamin D, especially when on the beach- though of course, she only soaks up the sun after applying SPF. A few of the things Stacey couldn't live without? Good food (especially from Sweet Cece's, Bricktops, and Samurai Sushi), great books (The Hypnotist's Love Story is a recent favorite), her family back in Florida, her wonderful boyfriend, and all of the great friends she's made at Vanderbilt.