This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Vanderbilt chapter.

Breakfast can get boring quick after eating the same thing everyday, so I’ve gathered a few ways for you to elevate your breakfast game.

1. Pumpkin Waffles with Caramel and Whipped Cream

Stop by your local Trader Joes and pick up their seasonal pumpkin toaster waffles. Grab some caramel drizzle and whipped cream and get ready for magic. When you get ready to make some breakfast, pop the waffles in the toaster, heat up a bit of the caramel sauce, and get ready to throw down. As soon as the waffles pop up, toss them on your plate, throw on some whipped cream, and drizzle the warm caramel over top.

2. Smoothie Bowl

Get some of your favorite fruit from the frozen food section (I like pineapples, bananas, blueberries, and mangos) and some fruit juice (I prefer OJ or pineapple). Toss your frozen fruit into the blender and cover the fruit with the juice. Blend. Pour the contents into a bowl and top with granola, coconut shavings, chia seeds, nut butter, and chocolate chips.

3. Breakfast Burrito

To elevate this traditional breakfast, you’re going to want to get microgreens, half of a sweet pepper, eggs, protein (I like veggie sausage but do whatever floats your boat), some red onion, Tony Chachere’s seasoning, shredded cheese, and sun-dried tomato tortilla wraps. Fry the eggs, sautee the pepper and onion, and cook the protein. On the tortilla, put your microgreens, then all of your warm food, and top with cheese and Tony Chachere’s seasoning. Tuck the sides of the tortilla in and roll. Place the newly formed burrito into a buttered frying pan on medium heat. Toast on both sides, slice down the middle, plate, and enjoy.

4. Cereal French Toast

For this breakfast you are going to need 2 eggs, ½ cup of milk (half and half if you are feeling fancy), cinnamon, bread (brioche if you are feeling super boujee), and your choice of cereal. Crush the cereal up in a large bag then dump the contents into a bowl. Make sure the bowl is large enough to fit a slice of bread. In another bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and cinnamon. Butter a frying pan and put it on medium heat. Dip your slice of bread into the egg mixture, coating both sides. Next, dip your bread into the cereal mixture, pressing firmly on it so the cereal pieces will stick. Do this to both sides of the bread. Put the cereal bread into the frying pan and cook on both sides. Once cooked, put it on a plate and top with whipped cream, syrup, or powdered sugar.

I hope you enjoy these ideas to help make your everyday breakfast a little elevated and more fun.

Madison Edwards

Vanderbilt '21

Madison is a Campus Trendsetter and Campus Correspondent. She is currently majoring in Human and Organizational Development at Vanderbilt University. Madison enjoys traveling and trying new foods, and can always be found drinking a good cup of coffee :)