completed fall centerpiece with two pumpkin spice scones in front
Photo by Madison Edwards
Style > Decor

DIY Budget Friendly Fall Centerpiece

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Vanderbilt chapter.

Fall is here and if you are anything like me, you love to decorate for the season. If you are also like me, you are a full-time college student on a budget. Well, have no fear, because I have found a way to make a super cute fall centerpiece on a college student budget. The following centerpiece only costs $7 (not including the vase which I had in my apartment).

What To Buy

1. Foam Block

2. Fake Hay

3. Pack of 5 Medium Pumpkin Decorative Picks

4. 2 Orange Fall Leaves (I used grape leaves)

5. 2 Maroon, Sparkly Leaves (I used ferns)

Bonus: Mason Jar Utensil Holder– Big Lots $10

stuff from the dollar tree to create a fall centerpiece
Original photo by Madison Edwards

Directions

1. Place two of the small foam blocks on top of each other. If you are using one large foam block, cut it in half so that you have two cubes.

2. Shove the two sparkly fern leaves into the center of the foam block. These should be the highest in your arrangement, so do not push the stems deep into the foam block.

3. Next, put the two fall leaves into the foam block. These should be on the outside of the sparkly fern leaves and perpendicular to them. Each leaf should be parallel to the other in its set. The fall leaves should be lower than the sparkly ferns to create depth.

4. Put the foam block into the Mason Jar and adjust the height of the leaves as needed. Add the pumpkins to the arrangement, making sure they spread around the lip of the Mason Jar.

5. Add in the fake hay to the gaps in the Mason Jar.

6. Now you have a beautiful fall centerpiece!

Photo by Madison Edwards

Madison Edwards

Vanderbilt '21

Madison is a Campus Trendsetter and Campus Correspondent. She is currently majoring in Human and Organizational Development at Vanderbilt University. Madison enjoys traveling and trying new foods, and can always be found drinking a good cup of coffee :)