#WomanCrushWednesday: Which Taraji Character Are You?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Taraji P. Henson. The name alone speaks for itself. She’s known for her acting and, of course, her beauty! Over the years she’s played a number of roles; some of which we can all identify with. From Yvette to Cookie, she’s always remained true to her character. And when you really take the time to think about it, there’s a Taraji in all of us. As we recap the big roles from her career we want you to decide: which Taraji is in you? 

Are you Yvette, the true definition of a “ride or die”? In Baby Boy she’s always been there for Jody. No matter what poor decisions he makes, she’ll have his back no matter what the consequences. 

Are you April, the independent woman with no worries? She’s the one who is not as prepared as she thinks when some of her biggest responsibilities come knocking at her door. But in I Can Do Bad All By Myself, she has to set aside her selfish ways to do what she has to do to take care of those new responsibilities.

Are you Lauren, the COO who seems to be the entire package? She’s got a great career, a nice car, and an all-around perfect life. Except, in Think Like A Man, what she’s missing is her “equal”. Her idea of perfection stands in the way of finding true love.

Are you Terri, the epitome of optimism? She doesn’t meet a stranger and is always willing to lend a helping hand. This trait, although it seems great in No Good Deed, puts her in some of the most dangerous situations and ultimately threatens her life!

Or are you Cookie, the one who isn’t afraid to speak her mind? In Empire she doesn’t take no for an answer and does whatever it takes to make sure that her family stays on top. She handles her business while being very street smart, and won’t let anyone get in her way. 

Let’s face it: this woman is AMAZING! That is why we chose to highlight her as our #WomanCrushWednesday! We love you Taraji!

HCXO

I'm Brisha, a senior at Valdosta State University double majoring in Public Relations and Spanish! Writing hasn't always been my "thing" but I now find it to be a beneficial way to express myself! My passions include fashion, fitness, healthy eating, and relationship building. Follow me on Instagram @BShavonte!
Her Campus at Valdosta State.