Why You Should Apply to VSU’s Honors College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

VSU’s Honors College is a great option for students! Students enjoy interesting classes in a seminar setting with awesome professors. The Honors College provides a list of interesting perspectives courses, introductory seminar course, honors core and major core classes. Students also have access to the Honors House where most of the classes are located. Here, with permission you can host events, have access to the kitchen, and access to the cafe.

There are also perks to the program. Honors students get the code to access the honors study room located in the library which is extremely convenient during finals weeks or times when you really need a quiet place to study with no interruptions. Priority registration is also given to students. It definitely takes away the stress when it’s time to register for classes for next semester! Honors freshmen get the option to live in Reade Hall. Reade is a very small and cozy hall where everybody knows everybody and is friendly. The Study Abroad and International exchange program are also great options for those who want to travel.

The requirements are not difficult! Students are required to have 24-28 honors credits by the time of graduation to recieve their Honors Certificate. Contrary to popular belief, honors classes are not extremely hard. The classes give students a challenge in an interactive classroom setting. The professors are always friendly and are willing and ready to help students however they can.

The Honors College at VSU is a great option for students. No matter what year you are, you can still register for the Honors College. Freshmen are required to have a 3.2 GPA, 1130 SAT score or 25 ACT score. Current students may apply after 15 hours with a GPA of 3.2 or higher. Transfer students also need a 3.2 GPA, as well as a letter of recommendation from a previous professor. Applications will be accepted until August 1st for the fall semester so visit the VSU website for your application today!

Michaela Leung is the current Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Valdosta State. She is an honors student studying Mass Media and working on a Cross-Training Certificate in Journalism at Valdosta State University with aspirations to be a music journalist and a news anchor. This New York native enjoys fashion, all kinds of music, socializing, making people laugh and standing up for what is right. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter: michaelaskrunk
Her Campus at Valdosta State.