This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Why ‘Pum Pum’ is Not a Valentines Day gift

LOVE spelled out with scrabble letter tiles
Pixabay / Pexels

The Love Holiday       

As one of the nation’s most capitalistic and romantic holiday approaches us, we can’t help to wonder what to get our significant other. I feel like I’ve heard it all. From diamonds, cars, LLC licenses, to chocolates and teddies.  Well, I’m here to tell you ladies that sex is not a valentine’s day gift. There are countless ways to show love to your partner than actually making love. I may sound a little crazy but stay with me.

bowl of red round fruits in background of red round fruits
Photo by Irita Antonevica from Pexels

The Box is yours

Don’t get me wrong, sex is not completely off the table. If you are celebrating Valentine’s day with your partner, it’s very likely that you guys might be having consistent sex, and it’s fine if you guys aren’t. Even more, a reason to not consider the ‘pum-pum” a gift and feel pressured to give in despite what your friends and others are saying. Don’t think about it as giving them some “pum-pum” because it’s yours and belongs to you. In regards to sex, it should be a two-way street, enjoyable to both parties. Not one giving it away to another.  As one of my Twitter mutuals once said: “Sex should be the punctuation of your love-filled day”. After spending time together laughing, talking, and just falling more and more in love, as you both head home, unwind, and just see where the night takes the both of you.

valentines day gift
Photo by Karley Saagi from Pexels

It’s OK to be ‘Cheap’

You don’t have to break your pockets to show your partner you love them. You can never go wrong with a personalized gift, well you can, but it’s the thought that counts! So, go out and get them that book they’ve been raving about. Or that candle you smelled at target that reminds you of them or even a corny lovesick poem. The smallest gestures can go a long way especially to someone who loves you.

HCXO

Lude Jose

Valdosta '24

Not too sure about life but I'm here for it all.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.