Which Zodiac Signs am I Most Compatible With?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

The Elements

Water: The most emotional of all signs are the water signs. Water that is contained is easily managed, however, water that is uncontained and out of control can create immense amounts of damage. Water flows into the cracks and crevasses of others, exploring hidden emotions. Water is essential to life and understands the motives of others. These signs are empathetic but easily hurt by others who are unaware of the sacrifices a water sign has made. Water signs are the most mysterious of the zodiacs. 

Fire: This dynamic element is always ready for action. Fire signs get angry very quickly but are also self-aware and idealistic people. These signs can be emotionally impulsive, leaping before they look, but also very passionate.  They trust their intuition with minute regard over anything in their path. Fire signs are adventurers feeling the need to spread and explore.

Earth: There is nothing shaky about an earth sign. Earth does not change, it instead allows for growth and development. They are dependable and like stability in life to grow upon. Earth signs are the most possessive of the zodiacs. They are also the most grounded of the signs and are the ones to bring others down to earth. Earth signs are conservative and robustly realistic.

Air: This is the element of uncertainty and unpredictability. Air signs are free and stray from containment in order to travel with their thoughts that take them to levels unreachable by any other element. They live in their mind and are out of touch with reality. However, in their mind, they formulate theories and solutions to the world below their thoughts. Air signs lack emotional depth but are advanced thinkers and mentally oriented people.

The Qualities

Cardinal Signs: This quality refers to the signs that begin each season. These signs own the quality of leadership and like to be first at whatever they do. They possess a force, are aggressive, and idolize originality. They are creative in the sense of initiating things.

Fixed Signs: The signs that possess the fixed quality fall in the middle of each season. This quality refers to the impulses of maintenance and stabilization. Fixed signs are the foundation builders and are concerned with changing things so they are the same as before.

Mutable Signs: Ending each season is the mutable sign. These signs are more concerned with changing things into something else, not to transform, but as in moving on. The mutable signs understand that all good things come to an end and place emphasis on adaptability.

Compatibility

Compatibility based solely on your Sun sign is not precise, but it gives us a clue about how easy or difficult it may be to spend periods of time with other signs. There are no incompatible signs. Two signs that are highly compatible will have an easier time getting along as opposed to two signs that are less compatible. Signs of the same element are naturally compatible to each other due to familiarities in characteristics.

Aquarius – The Water-Bearer

Element: Air

Quality: Fixed

Pro: humanitarian

Con: detached

Most Compatible: Aries, Gemini, Libra, Sagittarius

Pisces – The Fish

Element: Water

Quality: Mutable

Pro: intuitive

Con: fearful

Most Compatible: Taurus, Cancer, Scorpio, Capricorn

Aries – The Ram

Element: Fire

Quality: Cardinal

Pro: confident

Con: impatient

Most Compatible: Gemini, Leo, Sagittarius, Aquarius

Taurus – The Bull

Element: Earth

Quality: Fixed

Pro: consistent

Con: possessive

Most Compatible: Pisces, Cancer, Virgo, Capricorn

Gemini – The Twins

Element: Air

Quality: Mutable

Pro: adaptable

Con: inconsistent

Most Compatible: Aries, Leo, Libra, Aquarius

Cancer – The Crab

Element: Water

Quality: Cardinal

Pro: loyal

Con: manipulative

Most Compatible: Taurus, Virgo, Scorpio, Pisces

Leo – The Lion

Element: Fire

Quality: Fixed

Pro: creative

Con: inflexible

Virgo – The Virgin

Element: Earth

Quality: Mutable

Pro: analytical

Con: worrisome

Libra – The Scales

Element: Air

Quality: Cardinal

Pro: fair-minded

Con: indecisive

Scorpio – The Scorpion

Element: Water

Quality: Fixed

Pro: passionate

Con: violent

Sagittarius – The Archer

Element: Fire

Quality: Mutable

Pro:  idealistic

Con: self-assertive

Most Compatible: Aquarius, Aries, Leo, Libra

Capricorn – The Goat

Element: Earth

Quality: Cardinal

Pro: disciplined

Con: unforgiving

Most Compatible: Pisces, Taurus, Virgo, Scorpio

It’s amazing when you begin to notice that the people you surround yourself with are ruled by your most compatible signs!

HCXO

Jamesia Folston is an Early Childhood Education student at Valdosta State University. She is a 23 year old alternative music addict who enjoys traveling, thrifting, and creating. She aspires to become an educator abroad and globetrotter.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.