What’s In My Bag?: Milan Johnson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

I’m a big fan of  “What’s In Your Makeup Bag?” videos on YouTube so what better way to show my love by doing my own! It’s always cool to know what other girls are using to “beat” their face and what their absolute favorite products are.

All of my favorite products are versatile for a bum day on campus, a date out with your boo, or a night out with your friends. The makeup  doesn’t make you, you make it! That’s why your makeup collection should be as versatile as you are. 

Just like almost every other girl, my makeup collection isn’t just confined to one bag; I’ve just decided to highlight my favorites! Hope you guys enjoy!

Prepping and Priming:

Before I do anything else, I use my Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion to set my face off right for the day. And of course, you have to get your face ready for your makeup by priming! My current primer is by bareMinerals called Prime Time, specifically made for oily skin (such a pain!). I’ve been liking it so far and it kept my makeup looking good during Homecoming, which says a lot. 

Face Products:

Usually I keep it light with my face because I’m only going to class and work, so I usually stick to my bareMinerals Powder Foundation and Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer for under my eyes. I apply those two products with my Real Techniques Blending Sponge.

Lippies:

These are my favorite lip products from my chapsticks to my lipstains. I don’t use these every day, of course; it just depends on my mood. My favorite pinks are from MAC which are Snob and Angel. When I want to go brighter, I use Ruby Woo by MAC and a purple matte lip stain by Revlon. Under my lipsticks I usually use Carmex or a Cake Batter flavored Chapstick.

Eyes:

For mascara, I like to use my Tarte: Lights, Camera, Lashes and Covergirl Lashblast for a dramatic effect. I then line my eyes with Rimmel eyeliner in nude and Essence waterproof black eyeliner. On school days, I like to use my Naked 2 Basics palette and I set all my makeup with my Urban Decay All Nighter Spray!

Hope you guys enjoyed! Comment below with your favorite products!

HCXO!

Her Campus at Valdosta State.