This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

We’ve all been victim of unexpected break ups that break our little hearts. But for the most part, the business of the week keeps our mind off of the hurt. We’re working, turning in assignments, squeezing in naps between our club meetings…But the weekend is when things get kind of tough and it’s super easy to make bad decisions during that first weekend after a break up. But no need to fear, I got some Dos and Don’ts for ya!

Do: Make plans with friends. Being around the people you love and trust is a great way to keep your eyes dry.

Don’t: Spend ALL your time with others. Eventually you’re going to have to face your feelings and you don’t want to run from it so long that when it finally catches up with you, it’s 10xs worse. Spend time with friends, but also spend time with yourself…which brings me to this “Do”

DO: Take yourself on some solo dates. Hit up the coffee shop with a book. Go out to lunch and eat your favorite meal. Sit at the park on a blanket and listen to music. Do something with yourself to remind yourself that you’re still amazing.

DON’T: Call your ex. See your ex. Tweet your ex. Insta DM your ex. Snapchat your ex. NOTHING.

DO: Stay off of social media. Spare the world your sad tweets and write in your journal.

DON’T: Lay in your bed unless you’re about to go to sleep. The bed is the worst place to be when you’re feeling down. Try the couch. Or the yard.

DO: Cry. Let it out. Set it free. Release. Big girls cry.

Markesia Barron is a senior at Valdosta State University. She majors in Middle Grades Education concentrated in Language Arts and Reading. After graduation, she plans to become a middle school Language Arts teacher in the Metro Atlanta area. Markesia enjoys writing, reading, super-hero movies, and meditating outside. She's a big Beyonce fan and self-care enthusiast.