This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Everybody who is anybody has heard of Kevin Hart, the comedian that you may see in movies just as much as you see him on stage (he is also in the business of doing both—check out Kevin Hart: What Now? In theaters now). He was recently named the Highest Paid Comedian by FORBES, which also happens to be the first time that anyone has topped Jerry Seinfeld since the list’s creation in 2006. Whether you think Kevin Hart’s jokes are hilarious or not, you must give him credit for becoming a mogul with such grace and esteem. But I would like the record to show that the guy is seriously funny…see what I did there?

If you check out Hart’s IG page, it truly gives you an inside look at his life! He doesn’t strictly promote his shows or emphasize his fame; following him feels like you’re just following a friend. If your friends are very rich and have a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, of course. But seriously, often times he reflects on his childhood in North Philadelphia and the struggle that his family endured back then. He also takes opportunities to honor his mother, who passed away and thank her for his success. It is refreshing to see positive vibes on celebrity’s social media and someone who knows how to make light of hefty situations. (And if you’re not one for reading hashtags, you will be after you visit his posts).

Along with his many accolades, Kevin Hart is also a fitness enthusiast. He makes his motivation in the gym very public and even encourages others to get out and go, too. He hosts 5k runs to surprise his fans and has great turn outs, running along with his fans and attempting to wait for every person to finish before leaving. If that’s not sportsmanship then what is?

All in all, Kevin finds a uniquely awesome way to execute anything that he has a hand in and he deserves a huge round of applause for that. Although he is no longer a bachelor, we can still keep our eyes on him (for entertainment purposes only ;) and look for more work of his to come. His career may be geared toward comedy, but that’s certainly not all there is to Mr. Kevin Hart. 

HCXO!

Nia Lewis

Valdosta

My name is Nia which means purpose in Swahili and I am currently finding it and trying to live up to it. I'm a senior at Valdosta State University, my major is Communication Disorders--translation: I am an aspiring Speech-Language Pathologist. Nothing makes me happier than the people I love, affection, a good book, a blank journal, and the beach. I'm sure I left a few things off of the list, but you get the point.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.