bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Ways You Can Deal With Your Allergies This Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Allergy season is here. That means it’s time for those annoying, horrible smelling trees and the pollen to be at an all time high; especially here in Valdosta! Below are some allergy problems you may struggle with and home remedies to help you get through this tough season!

Let me introduce you to: POLLEN

The Monster! It’s on grass, tress, and even your car you washed last week. This is the main cause for everyone’s allergy problems. Something that could really help is a salt-water nasal spray!

Honey produced by bees can trigger allergies because they transfer pollen from flowers to honey. The theory is to eat a little bit of honey every day so you can get used to the pollen! You can find this in pill form as well.

If your allergies become unbearable, take a hot shower and inhale the steam. Taking a hot shower opens up your airways and makes it easier for you to breathe and decongest all that nasty mucus that’s stuck in your nasal passages. Inhaling steam with a towel over your head allows your throat and chest to open up as well.

Eating spicy foods (my favorite) can also help you loosen up any stuffiness you may have during the allergy season!

So these are a few things that you can do to beat the allergy bug. I hope you are being safe whichever method you choose and if you absolutely cannot stand it, see your doctor! I am sure he or she will be glad to help you! Don’t let your Spring be ruined due to allergies, take charge!

Mass Media Major and AFAM Minor and Valdosta State University. 21. Old soul. Cancer.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.