books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

As a college student living on a budget who adores all things makeup, it can be challenging at times. I want to have the smoothest eyeliner, the most voluminous mascara, and the sharpest contour. While I am always wanting to buy and experiment with new products I can certainly not do so when items run $25-$75 a piece. Of course, that is a generalized spectrum because there is makeup ranging in many different price ranges. While e.l.f. (eyes, lips, face) products may not get you looking like a photoshopped magazine cover, it will certainly give you the most bang for your buck. Here are a few of my favorite e.l.f. products that never fail and I truly do recommend!

Blush, Small Stipple, and Powder brush. These work for so many different things. The Blush Brush is the prefect shape for blush application, of course but can be spot cleaned and is a great stand in brush for applying bronzer! It picks up just enough product and deposits it quite smoothly. The Small Stipple Brush is my favorite for getting my concealer to blend in perfectly everytime. It lessens creaseses that can form under the eyes and is awesome for really working the product into the skin. This brush is also a good combo with the e.l.f. HD blush which comes in liquid form and can be tricky to apply but made much easier with stippling. The Powder Brush is my absolute favorite because I of course use it for my finishing powder, but if bronzer, blush, or foundation ever go on a little to strong this is the easiest way to swirl around and tone things down.

The green Mineral Face Primer specifically targets redness in its application. While applying, it feels very moisturizing and goes on in a thin layer which really does give full face makeup a better look and is certainly helpful for long lasting wear. The Cover Everything Concealeer does just what it says it will. It is a thicker cream which helps it to truly stay in place and gives better coverage than others for when it is really necessary. I do not recommend this for undereye use do to the thick texture but for spot blemishes, it will take care of your problems. 

I love the colors that e.l.f. offers in its blush collection! The best colors for me are the Mauve and Candid Coral (pictured above). They have great pigment without being too strong and difficult to apply. The blushes do come with a hint of shimmer, but nothing overpowering. This is a must have for everyone as it always brightens up the face!

This is the first Eyebrow Kit I have ever used and it will be my last! There are two different products inside, the one on the left is thick and creamy while the one on the right is a powder. This kit comes with a dual sided brush inside in order to apply the two different products. Application is very easy and the color is not unnatural by any means!

As a more recent purchase, I couldn’t be more pleased. The liner end of this stick couldn’t make applying eyeliner easier, it goes on extremely smooth and wears all day long! As for the Smoke colored shadow, it is dark and shimmery and a perfect day to night transition. It can be used all over the lid for a dramatic look or added the the corners of already there eyeshadow to just add on to the look.

This is Baked Eyeshadow in the color Enchanted. While it does make for a beautiful and bright shadow, I like to use it as a highlight. My favorite thing about it is that it’s dual purpose. When being used as a highlighter it gives off the perfect shimmer and draws the light perfectly.

This Booster is your most typical face powder, it does not have any shimmer and is sheer in application. There’s nothing crazy about this one other than it is an essential in just about every girl’s makeup bag and locks makeup in place for long lasting wear. As for the pallet of Tone Correcting Powder, this may be my #1. Not only does it help your makeup last longer, it enhances your face! The green neautralizes red, yellow brightens and neautralizes red, blue neautralizes orange, and the pink neautralizes grey. All the colors work together to even out skin tone while absorbing excess oil on skin.

I hope this was helpful to you and that you will give e.l.f. a shot if you haven’t already!

HCXO!

Alex is an easy going and bubbly person who has a passion for all things creative. She is pursuing a degree in Psychology at Valdosta State University and loving her experiences along the way. Instagram & Twitter: alex_gmann
Her Campus at Valdosta State.