This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

The first month of school has come and gone, and you have began to settle down from all of the back to back partying. It is time to get serious about classes and you realize that you are not prepared at all. Well, I have the top five essentials every college student needs to help get them through the semester.

1. Planners:

A planner should be at the top of your list when you are shopping for your college necessities. It helps you keep track of school, work, and extracurricular activities. They come in tons of colors and prints and can be used by women but also men. Walmart, Target, and Office Depot offer tons of planners at affordable prices.

2. Smartphones:

Smartphones may not seem like a college necessity to most, but it can be a saving grace. A cellphone has a calendar to help you keep track of your day to day life, an alarm to help you wake up on time for those early 8 am classes, and some even have Microsoft Office so you can do work basically anywhere. Smartphones are lifesavers!

3. Sweatshirts:

One thing you definitely need regardless of the college you may attend is a trusty sweatshirt. College classrooms are always freezing, and despite what professors may think the cold puts us to sleep. A cute, collegiate sweatshirt will keep you warm, comfortable, and focused in class.

4. 3-5 Subject Notebooks:

A 3-5 subject notebook is very useful in college because it can help you stay organized. With classes being hectic and you always being on the go— having one of these helps you keep everything in one place. You are able to separate your classes and it also includes folders!

5. Earphones:

Earphones are a must! They are useful when walking to class, studying in the library, or just sitting and relaxing outside. Everyone needs a pair.

HCXO!

Hillary Griffin is a Business Marketing major and Advertising and Promotions minor at Valdosta State University. She is a 4'11, natural haired girl with a love for all things makeup. Experiencing life the right way is her main goal in life.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.