Top 3 Must-Haves for Your Halloween Party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

It’s that time of year again where we all dress up in our favorite costumes and personas and party the night away. Halloween becomes more creative the older we get but there is always the kid in all of us that cherishes the cliche Halloweens of our younger days. Here’s what you need to have a great Halloween party:

1. Decorations: This is a no-brainer. Decor sets the mood of the party and the night. A regular house with no decorations vs one with a decked out theme will always attract more people. Fake spider webs, pop-up “scarers”, fog, and plenty of low lighting will have the night just the way you want it.

2. Food: Everyone loves to eat and snack. Candy corn, candy apples, and halloween themed cookies will always be a timeless classic but the creepier the treat, the more fun the guests will feel apt to try them. Try making a custom themed punch with some tasty gummy treats.

3. Music: Music is ESSENTIAL to any party but by it being Halloween, “Thriller” by Michael Jackson is a MUST PLAY! The music should fit the theme of the night, although there can be some new tunes thrown in the mix.

HCXO!

Her Campus at Valdosta State.