This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Freshman year of college is one of the most memorable and exciting experiences ever. Here are a few tips to help with your journey of your first year here at Valdosta State!

1. Get Involved!

From joining organizations to intramurals, getting involved is a must. It allows you to meet new people, make new connections, and be productive!

2. Stay Focused!

Don’t waste your TIME or MONEY. Go to class and get your work done. It is harder for you to bring your GPA back up than it is for it to drop. Limit your distractions and don’t procrastinate. You know yourself and how your habits so plan accordingly!

3. Know Your Associates/Friends!

Birds of a feather flock together. Be mindful of the crowd you hang out with.

4. Be Mindful Of Your Time!

Time management is a must. Don’t overload yourself. No one wants to be stressed!

5. Know All Of Your Responsibilities

You are on the verge of adulthood and becoming independent. Responsibilities don’t just end in the classroom.

6. Be Safe!

Always be aware of your surroundings! Be aware of your actions and possible consequences.

7. Practice Healthy Relationships!

Be around others with positive energy. Moods are very contagious. No one wants negativity around him or her. Also practicing safe sex is VERY IMPORTANT. Don’t end up in a situation that could have been prevented, when in doubt visit our Student Health Center!

8. Individuality!

Do what you want to do! Think for yourself and become the person you want to be!

9. Don’t Be Afraid Of Change!

The transition from high school to college is very different. Be prepared for new experiences!

10. Have Fun!!

You will only experience college once. Nothing is wrong with partying and going out with friends! Think of it as a reward for all of your hard work during the week.

Freshman at Valdosta State University, Love fashion,positive vibes, and laughing! Enjoying every day like it's my last.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.