This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Homecoming week is probably the best week out of the school year. The free stuff, seeing old friends who graduated, the parties, etc. Homecoming week can be a hectic week, and if you’re not used to participating or if it’s your first college homecoming then you should follow these tips.

1. Homecoming Court

It’s totally normal to not personally know the people who are running for your homecoming king and queen. It may even feel a little weird when a random person comes up to you, tells you to vote for them, and then proceeds to stab you with homecoming pin of their name on your chest…ouch! People who are on the homecoming court know every vote counts, so they’ll try to bribe you with free treats. Take the free treats and say you’ll vote for them (even if you’re voting for someone else or have no intentions of voting at all). It’s the one week where people are giving you food for FREE. Take advantage of that!

2. It’s Homecoming Week… Duh!

Homecoming week is one of those weeks where some of the strictest teachers may even surprise you by not being… well so strict. Like Christmas, homecoming comes once a year and your teachers know that you want to enjoy the festivities rather than be in class. So if your teacher decides to cancel class so you can participate and enjoy homecoming week, do it! And speaking of participating in the homecoming festivities…

3. Step Out Of Your Comfort Zone

Fellow Introverts, I’m talking to you! Yes, some of the homecoming festivities may be lame but you never know… something magical can happen while you’re participating in homecoming week. Who knows, you could meet your future spouse. Not to say this is going to be the story of how I met your mother/father, but it could happen.

4. Party, Party, Party!!!

The after party after the homecoming game is the perfect time to pull out your sexiest dress and heels. Homecoming parties are the perfect time to let loose and just have fun. And if you happen to meet a not so cute guy that keeps hounding you for your number, just give it to him. Then when he decides to call you just make sure you gave him the right number… block his ass!

5. The Morning After

If you had happened to have taken it too far with the drinking the night before, I highly suggest Gatorade. It won’t fully fix the massive hangover you have but if you have a paper or a test to study for the week right after homecoming, you’re gonna need it.

-HCXO!

I'm Jessie Thomas, a junior in college. I'm a fun loving girl who loves music and fashion! Someday I hope to be successful in the entertainment industry.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.