This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Everyone goes through heartbreaks and we know it’s going to be tough. You put your time, love, and affection into the relationship that you can’t get back. Your heart is broken but it’s time to BOSS UP SIS! Don’t let your ex-partner see that they “broke” your heart or that you’re sad without them. Take the words from Vedo (an R&B singer), “It’s time to boss up Fix ya credit, girl get at it Get ya bag up Hit that gym and get back fine Go get that degree, go, girl Focus on me Unlock potential that you didn’t know you had in you F*** that n****.” Vedo- You Got It

six Black women in white standing against a floral wall
Photo by Clarke Sanders from Unsplash
Take this time to focus on yourself. Self-love is the best love so learn some new things about yourself and get out of your comfort zone.

• Let everything go so you can leave it in the pass.
  • Go shopping (get you something sexy for yourself)
  • Don’t be afraid on going out by yourself. (You may meet some new friends)
  • Dance! Feel loose in your own skin
  • And show your beauty beautiful!
  • You have to date yourself and even though it’s hard, get enough courage to delete pictures to let go of the past. 
  • Personally, I work out not to just get my mind off of it, but to get my body looking right.​ Make him/her crawl back, but don’t give them, the time of day. 
  • Another way to get over a breakup is to listen to rap music instead of love songs. Love songs will make you think about how it use to be. Listen to Young Thug, J.Cole, NoCap or anybody who doesn’t talk about relationships. 

Before you know it, the love for yourself will be so strong that nobody can take that love away from you. Remember that someone is out there waiting to fit that glass slipper on your foot. Know your worth sweetheart. Don’t let your crown tilt.

Simone Hill

Valdosta '23

Simone Hill is a sophomore at Valdosta State, majoring in Communication Disorder and minoring in Psychology. Her goal is to work in a school system as a Speech Pathologist or a counselor, but she loves to sit back and watch Netflix and draw in her spare time. She also loves to design and paint stuff in her room. "A creative mind never sleeps," a quote by an anonymous author.