#TBT: 3 Reasons To Love Fresh Prince

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

There are dozens of amazing TV shows from the ’90s. However, there is one show in particular with a catchy theme song that millions of people came to know and love… The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. There are probably a thousand reasons to love this show, but I’ve narrowed it down to three really important ones.

1. Will 

Three words to describe the show’s main character? Goofy, stylish, and lively. His goofiness and charisma got him out of (and into!) a lot of sticky situations. He was always dressed well and spent a lot of time using corny pick up lines to attract girls There was never a dull moment in the show when Will was involved!

2. The Storyline

No doubt Will was a unique character, but what was even more unique was his story. A young guy who grew up in West Philadelphia is sent to live with his rich aunt and uncle in a well-to-do neighborhood on the other side of the country. Talk about a real come up! It’s no wonder our Fresh Prince had trouble adjusting to his new environment! When you go from ordinary to living a life of luxury, it’s hard not to get caught up.

3. The Family

Will may have gotten into a lot of trouble and had a hard time fitting in with this new family, but it’s obvious that they really cared about him and vice versa. There was nothing more hilarious (or touching) than seeing all of the crazy adventures and situations the family got into. No matter how much trouble Will caused, one thing was always very clear: his family loved him and he would always have their back. 

Hey lovelies! I am a junior Mass Media major at Valdosta State University. I love writing, fashion and hair, and dancing and singing in the mirror!
Her Campus at Valdosta State.